Once you figure out which neighborhood you live in, you might want to help the mayor clean it up.
The Miller Park Neighborhood Association is inviting you to help this weekend. Here’s the mail:
Saturday, Jan 20th: our neighborhood will benefit from the Mayor’s Clean and Green Program:
Please join us at 9AM on Saturday in the grassy area behind (east of) the Prince of Wales apartments (20th & Denny, 1818 – 20th Ave). We’ll be met by the Deputy Mayor and/or the Mayor’s Chief of Staff. See the details below.
BONUS: Stella Chao, new Director of the Department of Neighborhoods will attend. Read about her:
* refreshments (and lots of good food!)
* people from various city departments to consult
* volunteers to help us clean up the neighborhood: there should be enough people to clean a large area.
You’ll come along and:
* help the City departments identify neighborhood problems that you know about, they don’t, and they can help fix.
* learn about emergency preparedness (should we get organized on that?)
* guide and accompany the volunteers (see below) as we clean the area
* chat, snack, share information, as we do at most MADCAP cleanups.
* inspire your neighbors to come along and meet the volunteers and city departments.
Even though we don’t technically live in the area the Miller Park group represents, we’re still down with pitching in. See you Saturday morning.