More about the Car Free breakdown and a few other links of note this autumn-like August morning.
- A 14th Ave E. neighbor speaks out on the Car Free debacle: “How much cooler would the whole thing have been if someone had organized a street-wide garage sale, a group jam session, or a scooter rally. Now that would have been cool, and all of those events could have happened at the same time on the same street to great success.” FYI, the Capitol Hill Community Council talked to an organizer about this event way back in July but didn’t hear back from her until a week ago with a mass e-mail looking for volunteers.
- PDX blogger gets high and mighty about Capitol Hill’s yuppification by pointing squarely at Bimbo’s: “Its new location, sans the lucha libre stain-gassed windows and south-of-the-border brick-a-brak, could easily pass for a martini bar.”
- Blogging Georgetown notes upcoming neighborhood blog forum hosted by mainstream media blogger.
- The stories behind some of the neighborhood street art you’ve probably seen.
- And, in case you missed it, there was a scary home invasion robbery in Miller Park on Friday afternoon.