Here are a few choice items of snowalicious utility:
- The highest point on Capitol Hill, Volunteer Park at 453 feet above sea level is #5 on Seattle’s highest elevations.
- Best place to sled (safely) are these CHS Volunteer Park Sled Runs
- When it’s really snowy, daredevils sled on Olive but it also seems like a good way to hurt your head. I kind of want to try Galer but usually not enough snow to make it happen.
- This King County Capitol Hill Elevation map shows the range of elevations across the Hill from 200 ft down in I5 Shores to 300 ft on Broadway and 400 ft above 12th. This is useful for both your snow planning and your small plane piloting. Make a note of it.
- Don’t try to drive down Aloha hill. Pedestrians are not required to help you push your car if you do.
- More places not to even think about driving? Here’s the city’s map of the steepest streets in Seattle.