UPDATE: Sunday 4:45 PM
- Seeing lots of search queries bringing people to site looking for updates and advice on road conditions. Please add a note if you have a second to share what you know. Updating the update: Here are two votes for I5 vs. 99 once you do make it down from the Hill — Katelyn Hackett from Seattlest and WSDOT. Also, Madison is probably safest bet to I5.
- Update: Coming back from Sea-Tac? Southern approach to the Hill is advised in comments below. Take Rainier to 12th or 14th for a more gradually sloped approach to Capitol Hill, then work your way toward home from the top.
- Sea-Tac is a disaster. Making a few calls to see if the Madison to I5 route along the south side of the Hill is doable for anybody braving it.
- Metro says they’ll be at half capacity again on Monday.
- City has updated its safety and services info like trash/recycling.
- Seattlest’s MvB lives covered the lastest storm’s impact on CHS from end to end in this photo essay.
- There are several new snow and ice photos added to the CHS flickr pool.
UPDATE: Sunday 10:30 AM
I’m tucked away here in frozen Alaska watching the crazy reports and pictures. Hard to believe I’m seeing Capitol Hill in some of these. Here’s what we know (and some of what we don’t) thanks to comments, below, and the rest of the online universe. I’m going to leave this post in place to continue the conversation. Be safe out there.
- Somewhere between 4″ and 6″ fell in the Capitol Hill area overnight. Maybe 9″ since it all began.
- Not many reports about the Hill’s roads online — perhaps because there’s no driving to be done up top. Anybody braved it? This shot of 19th and Aloha looks like you’d need an Alaska ‘snow machine’
- Metro says service cut severely today. Here is their adverse weather page for what it’s worth.
- Latest Capitol Hill snow pics from flickr.
- Here are some pictures from Blogazar.com of a walk around the Hill after the bars closed last night.
- Tips and pictures you want to share? e-mail me at jseattle at gmail
FIRST POST: Saturday 12:45 PM
I’m missing the fun that’s supposed to hit today. So keep me posted on how this all shakes out.