Haven’t done a links post in awhile. Have to say, my Twitter activity steals a bit of the thunder from these. But not everybody Twitters, to be sure, and I can add a little more commentary in this format so I’ll try to get back into the habit here on CHS.
- Charges filed in the 15th & John Safeway Wells Fargo bank robbery (rolls right off the tongue). Accused Ricardo Perez has past convictions for burglary, robbery, theft, vehicle theft, assault, and DUI.
- Sinkholes are appearing around homes above Beacon Hill’s recently-bored light rail tunnel. News popped up last month but didn’t hit our radar until this story. We’re following up with Sound Transit, of course, to find out what impact this will have on Capitol Hill tunnel boring which is scheduled to begin at the end of summer.
- This CHS commenter claims an interesting development in the question of what’s next for the area around the former Jade Pagoda.
- Seattle Weekly says Mad Rad sued by Amante’s Pizza for wheatpaste poster damage. Amante’s, call us. We still want to talk trade — your ads on CHS for our ad on your big flashing sign. Deal?
- Hugeasscity looks at the Brix building as example of mid-rise housing, likes it. Also looks down the street at the cool stretch of lowrise buildings near 10th and Aloha. Likes those too.
- No better way to spend time? City cracking down on all those sidewalk cafe violations.
- City fo Seattle’s Pedestrian Master Plan to be unveiled. Sunday is Seattle Walks Day but no word on how Capitol Hil is participating. Looks like I need to make another phone call.