Broadway psychic shop blaze claims $9k in damages

Yesterday, CHS posted the news of the fire that consumed the little psychic shop on Broadway. This afternoon, Lieutenant Sue Stangl of the Seattle Fire Department filled us in on the details of the accident. 

  • The fire was started from an overheated electrical cord that ignited an adjacent mattress.
  • Total damages amounted to $9,000, with $4,000 in property damage and $5,000 in structural damage.

No further information was provided on the shop’s insurance, or whether or not the owner will try to rebuild and reopen the business.

Subscribe and support CHS Contributors -- $1/$5/$10 per month

Comments are closed.