Thierry Rautureau, “The Chef in the Hat” and Rover’s owner/chef will be opening a more casual French eatery in February 2010 called “Luc” (named after his late father). The location will be adjacent to Rover’s current location at 28th and Madison – on the Northeast corner. Thierry is offering up the chance to invest in the new restaurant by buying gift certificates that will grow in value over time. Here are the details from the email announcement:
As some of you have already heard, I am beginning a new restaurant project. Named after my late father: Luc. More casual than Rover’s, LUC is a Bar/Kitchen/Luc 2 Go in the heart of Madison Valley.
Here is where you come in.To open LUC, I’ve developed an idea, albeit a crazy one. To finance LUC we would like to pre-sell gift certificates in $1000 amounts. These gift certificates will be distributed over 3 years with an added value of about 30%. Read below for more details and for how to participate. Also, all of the info is on our website.For nearly 22 years of business in Seattle, I have cooked and celebrated with you so many special occasions. I am so thankful for your patronage and your continued support!Thierry
- LUC is located at the Northeast corner of Madison Street and 28th Ave E, adjacent to Rover’s.
- Cuisine: A neighborhood bar and restaurant; serving primarily local, seasonal & sustainable ingredients with global accents. From burgers to bourguignon, souffle to soup, harissa to ketchup, butter to olive oil.
- Luc 2 Go: The venue will offer food to go. Luc 2 Go is the quick and healthy solution to the question: What’s for dinner and who’s cooking?• Hours: Open 7 nights a week for Dinner/Lunch on Friday/ Weekend Brunch
- Opening February 2010.
- How can you be a part of this endeavor?
- Pre-Purchase Gift Certificates in $1000.00 amounts by Monday, Sept. 20 2009
For example, if you pre-purchase a $1000 gift certificate, here is what you’ll receive:
- March 1st 2010: Receive a $435 Gift Certificate
- March 1st 2011: Receive a $435 Gift Certificate
- March 1st 2012: Receive a $435 Gift Certificate
Gift Certificate Total: $1305.00, more than 30% added value