It’s a good day to be a little more bike aware on Saturday — bare aware, too. The World Naked Bike Ride group has its annual Capitol Hill to downtown tour planned starting up on 15th Ave E before heading across the Hill on Broadway and then aiming downtown. Come on kids, it’s the perfect culmination to National Nude Recreation Week. Here’s hoping your body paint is at least SPF 30, you don’t chafe and any resulting charges are dismissed. Details on the ride, schedule and, yes, what to wear(?!?), below.
Jul 10, Sat. – Capitol Hill/Downtown Ride. 11:00 am meet & paint / 1:00 pm ride starts @ Louisa (“la-WĪ-za”) Boren Park (Google Map), located just NE of Volunteer Park on Capital Hill (as in 2009). The route will be similar to the 2009 route (Google Map) (with the exception of how we enter the Seattle CEnter) and is 6.8 miles and will cover the neighborhoods of Capitol Hill, Downtown and Belltown. This event comes at the end of National Nude Recreation Week, which is July 5-11, 2010. Ride time is not decided or known yet, probably similar to 11 July 2009 July ride.
Please keep in mind:
- Be aware, ride with care!
- SIREN? LIGHTS? Move RIGHT!! (for emerg. vehicles)
- Volunteers are at the park at 10:30 AM.
- Painting party is from 11 AM to 1 PM. Bring your own body paint and brushes and a partner to help you paint up. (Note our Parks Use Permits covers our setup and teardown times).
- We ride out at 1 PM sharp.
Will ride down Broadway and through Pike Place Market
What to wear and bring
- Footwear (remember you may want something appropriate for the fountain)
- Bring water & water bottles that can be with you on the ride.
- Energy snacks like fruit or bars to keep you going through the ride.
- Something to put on in case we have to dress during the ride.
- Bike locks/ Cable locks.
More info here http://worldnakedbikeride.org/countries/us/seattle/