Check out metromobile.info for an easier way to plan your bus trips in Seattle. It takes the trip planning tools from King County Metro, and shrinks them down to mobile phone size, while still maintaining all the planning features, including:
- Choose arrival or departure time
- Choose walking distance
- Accessible trips
- More sensible trips than Google Maps Transit
…and adds the following features:
- GPS, for finding your current location
- Address book, for adding your favorite addresses
- Choose from common landmarks, such as the library, Seattle Center, airport, etc.
Metro Mobile was developed by Nicholas Barnard. The site is free and doesn’t have advertising, but donations are welcome via the FAQ page. If you have trouble with GPS, please see the FAQ page for troubleshooting tips. Design and testing help from Brad Kevelin, Benjamin Schwartz, Ian Jaffe, and Lisa Templeton.
And the local angle? It was mostly developed on a laptop at Roy Street Coffee and Tea.