Sure, it’s a promotion for a corporate bank. But we’re talking $10,000 here. Broadway’s Umpqua Bank is launching a spring contest on Monday that will award $10,000 to a Capitol Hill community project. All you need to enter is an idea to help the neighborhood.
“If someone wants to send a diagram, a map, an image, I just need to be able to understand it to put it on the ideas tab of the [Facebook] page,” Umpqua’s Stacey Krynsky tells CHS. The contest will play out on http://www.facebook.com/capitolhillumpqua
The ideas posted on Facebook will be considered by Krynsky and Umpqua and three final candidates will be selected in April. That month, public voting will begin to select the $10,000 neighborhood project.
Umpqua is, indeed, a CHS advertiser. And, oh, by the way, we like your “Support the greatest neighborhood blog EVER” idea.
In addition to that splendid idea, we asked Krynsky for some hints of what kinds of ideas she will be looking for. She writes:
Anything. It needs to be feasible to be completed by the end of this year. I am hoping to find something that will benefit as much of the hill as possible. Park benches for Cal Anderson, an art mural, bike racks on Broadway. The way I vision it is something that you can walk by every day, and know as a voter that your idea was this item, and that you did something to make it … amazing.
So, there you go. Live your Capitol Hill community dream. Just make sure you can really complete that dream by the end of 2011. We suggest you alpha test your project ideas in the CHS comments.
More details on the contest below.
Build Your Block Challenge
· We are always looking for new opportunities to engage and assist our neighborhoods on both a community service and financial level.
· Build Your Block is a $10,000 neighborhood enhancement campaign. The unique nature of this campaign is that the actual project ideas come from each of you.
· Community members are encouraged to submit any neighborhood project that would benefit area residents — from a community garden to additional bike racks and benches. Community members are also asked to help spread the word about the campaign and help shape their favorite idea on the Umpqua Bank Capitol Hill Facebook page.
· Submissions will be taken beginning March 7 on our Facebook page or in-store. You can submit through April 1st after which the field will be narrowed to three final ideas and residents will vote for the project that will be supported with up to $10,000 and a whole lot of Umpqua volunteerism.
· We want to hear your ideas – so mark your calendars and be sure to bring them forward!