Sunday. Day of rest. Or last chance for an entire year to enjoy the CHBP circus in all its glory. Here’s our final open post of the weekend. We’ll add updates, etc. here as needed.
The theme of 2011 so far has been the maturing of the Party. It’s summed up pretty well in this CHS comment:
As a local business owner I have to agree that this is the best organized Block Party yet. This morning the neighborhood was the cleanest I’ve ever seen it. No lines blocking the street last night, no people on the roofs partying, no broken windows, etc. Much better than Pride. A great event for the neighborhood.
By the way, the fire truck people reported seeing on 10th Ave Friday night was a fundraiser for the Muscular Dystrophy Association — not some emergency on the roof of the Odd Fellows building. The 911 end of things has been limited to a few reported assaults and some shoplifting at QFC, so far.
What’s Day Three have in store? Organizers have been aiming to bring the festival in for a soft Sunday landing with Explosions in the Sky, an earlier, calmer headliner, bringing the out-of-doors Block Party elements to a close.
- Sunday’s gate time is 1p.
- Here’s The Stranger’s 2011 CHBP guide including the handy festival map:
- Here’s the roster of neighborhood discounts in Pike/Pine.
- Our Day One Open Thread mostly focused on the logistics and community angle of the 2011 kick-off
- Day Two with some charming images from the crowd
- Day Two pictures from the Seattle PI
- Lots of pictures, random notes on Stranger’s Lineout blog
- The Day Three schedule:
- Day Two images from CHS contributor Suzi Pratt:
Les Savy Fav and Steve Manning @ Cap Hill Block Party, originally uploaded by spratt504.