- AIDS Walk and 5K 25th Anniversary:
Join Lifelong AIDS Alliance and thousands of supporters for the 25th anniversary Seattle AIDS Walk & 5K Run. The Seattle AIDS Walk is Lifelong’s largest annual fundraising event in support of those living with HIV and AIDS in our community. Walk with us on Saturday, September 24th, 2011 in Seattle’s Volunteer Park as we honor 25 years of hope for a future free of HIV and AIDS.
- Seattle AIDS Memorial at St. Mark’s
Saturday, September 24, 7:00 pmCathedral NaveFree and open to all, the observance commemorates the 30th anniversary of the first HIV/AIDS diagnosis and 25th anniversary of the first AIDS Walk in Seattle, inspiring attendees to move from sorrow to comfort to hope.The Memorial will feature sacred readings from Jewish, Christian, Muslim and Buddhist traditions along with selections of contemporary poetry and a time of candlelight remembrance. Musical performers for the program include the Seattle Choral Company, our region’s leading symphonic chorus with over 100 volunteer singers, numerous professional instrumentalists and distinguished performing artists from around the Pacific Northwest. In addition, Dr. Melvin Butler, director of music at Saint Mark’s Cathedral, on solo viola and coloratura soprano Lynne Markova, will perform the Adagio by Thomas Albinoni.
- Century Ballroom weekly indoor flea market
- Emergency Operations Center Neighborhood Summit
- Historic Seattle: 2011 Bungalow Fair at Town Hall
- Moving Planet Seattle at Lake Union Park
- Tomato Battle in Seattle
- Grunge Fest Latte Art Throwdown at E Pike Victrola
Yes, there will be Bottle Pops.
Maybe you were there? The 90′s, remember, the era of ripped tights, baby dolls, over-sized flannels, and Doc Martens.
Well, we are bringing it all back for one night only, this Saturday, September 24th. Join us for beer, greasy foods (and pixy sticks!), raucous competition, and a live band.
September 24, 7 PM- 11 at the Roastery (310 E. Pike)
Sunday, September 25
- Broadway tree tour by Arthur Lee Jacobson
- Broadway farmers market, 11:30a-3p
- Rosebud’s last day at its 18-year E Pike home
- President Obama visits Pine St
Monday, September 26
- Smudgy Notebook: Loud Mouth (Session 1) at Gay City Health
Tuesday, September 27
- Missed Diagnosis, and Other Tales at Harborview Medical Center
Wednesday, September 28
- School Board debates at Town Hall