Because it’s Halloween nearly every freakin day on Capitol Hill, we are blessed with a wonderful assortment of costume providers. If we were you, we’d take advantage of all of this by planning multiple costumes including the “funny joke” one, the “sexy” one and the “I’m pretending I don’t really care” one. Below, you’ll find a roster of places on the Hill you can pick up the outfit you need for trick or treating.
- Value Village, 1525 11th Ave, new and used plus lots of stuff for kids. The place to find vintage 1998 Power Rangers outfits.
- , 312 Broadway E, exactly where you need to go to complete your hipster Pocahontas outfit. But what will you wear on Halloween?
- , 500 E Pike, rentals and tons of top-shelf costume selections for those who just want to get it done and get it done right.
- and Metro’s pop-up costume shop — Broadway (pictured)
- here) , 613 E Pike, goth fashion shop (profiled
- , 1102 E Pike, awesome old plastic masks in the window
- , 1516 11th Ave, or if you prefer your sex shops to be big corporate chain in nature, Castle Megastore on Broadway
- What did we forget?
- The Cal Anderson fountain
- Cal Anderson himself
- Boe Oddisey, Scarf Dancer
- Couples costume idea: Andrew Meyer and Victoria Liss
Trick or treat! Looking for something to do? Here’s our updated list of 2011 Hill-oween events on and around Capitol Hill.