- Police car crash at 14th/John: Neighbor Ras has details on another SPD cruiser crash on Capitol Hill. Friday afternoon’s incident went down at 14th and John. No details on injuries at this point. There was a string of SPD crashes around the Hill earlier this year including this May incident in which one SPD cruiser struck another at 12th and John.
- NOVA high school assault: A CHS phone tipster tells us details of an assault Thursday afternoon near the NOVA alternative high school on 20th Ave. According to the caller, SPD was on the scene after a student was jumped by an attacker. The tipster says the beating came after the attacker asked the victim where he attended school. Seattle Fire confirms they treated a 17-year-old male at the scene.
- Volunteer Park burglary concerns: Here’s a CHS reader’s burglary report for the neighborhood streets east of Volunteer Park:
Had a lot of break ins up here the last 2 weeks, [Thursday] @ noon on the 1200 block of 16th 2 guys trying to get in a lady’s house while she was home with a 3rd in the getaway car. 2 on 1100 of 15th last week, and shady characters walking the street “selling” alarm service. Part of their selling is “what kind of alarm do you currently have…”
- Tagger escapes through Occupy Seattle camp: Publicola reports on the early Wednesday morning escape by a tagger who allegedly punched a bouncer at a club near Broadway and Pike: “The man and the woman took off running, and the man ‘disappeared into the Occupy Seattle camp,’ while the woman fled down Pine St., the report says.”
- Eight ball, corner pocket: Police were called to a bar in the 700 block of E Pine early Tuesday morning to a report that a woman had struck a man in the face with a pool ball. According to the report, witnesses told police the bar was closed for the night and only a few people remained inside playing pool. The woman was reportedly getting razzed during a game and struck the man with a ball to the face. Witnesses said they didn’t know the woman but said she has a temper and has now been banned from the bar. The report notes it was not clear which ball was used in the assault.
- Leaf crunched by SUV at Madison Market: Neighbor Nick needs your help:
Last Sunday, November 6 at about 3pm, my wife parked our brand new Nissan Leaf on the street at 14th & Pine and went into Madison Market. While she was in the store, a woman in a light gray, squarish SUV (maybe a Jeep?) backed into it and crushed the front bumper, radiator and charge port – and drove off without leaving a note or anything.
If you saw anything, drop us a note at email@example.com and we’ll hook you up with crunched-Leaf Nick.
- UPDATE: Commercial burglar bust at E Pine construction site: Just posted by SPD, details on Thursday night arrests of two people trying to rip off a construction site in the 500 block of E Pine:
On November 10th at approximately 9:32 p.m. officers responded to the 500 block of East Pine Street for the report of a burglary to a fenced in construction site. Preliminary investigation indicates that a uniformed security guard saw two suspects inside a locked and fenced in construction site. The two suspects were going through and picking out materials from a dumpster. When they saw the security guard, they climbed over the fence and fled the scene.
Responding officers located the suspects a few blocks away and arrested them.
The suspects were subsequently booked into the King County Jail for Investigation of Burglary.
The site location fits the description of the People’s Parking lot development currently underway on Pine. In September, we reported on a man who was lucky to survive a 40-foot fall down an elevator shaft after sneaking into the site.