(Image: Chat Noir Photographie via Flickr)
As is tradition, we list our take on Capitol Hill NYE celebrations in order of price, from $0 up. While there might be an honorable mention or two that are more expensive, this list’s cutoff is a ticket price over $35. It also
won’t shouldn’t mention any that we already know are sold out. If we’ve missed one, please give us a heads up in the comments. Many Hill bars will be totally FREE as usual — we’re happy to give some special attention to the free and cheap folks planning a bash to celebrate 2012. Note: Many of the prices listed are pre-sale so prices at door could vary.
If our list is not gay enough for you, Seattle Gay Scene’s NYE Party List is super gay. Let us know if there’s a gay and cheap event we should add here.
Should you find yourself in need of a solid meal to start the New Year, we’ll be adding some New Year’s Day brunch and etc. opportunities to the post through the week. Want dinner? We also list a few splurge-y NYE meals you can be a part of.
- The freest of all! Yes, you can see the Space Needle fireworks from Capitol Hill.
- $0 — Faire Gallery hosts New Year’s Bash w/Owuor Arunga, A Jazz Celebration: “Owuor Arunga, the consumate trumpet master will take a respite from his busy touring schedule for a special performance at Faire”
- $0 — Cakearoke at the Highline. As we said last year, “NYE Cakearokee: karaoke hipster-style, for free, in a vegan bar.”
- $0 — The Garage. Reservations accepted for the bowling, pool playing, and sitting around and eating facilities. Doors at 7pm.
- $0 — From Vermillion’s Diana: “No Cover, free champagne toast, $3 sloppy joes.”
- $0 — “Capitol club new years eve doors open at 8 party favors and champagne toast at midnight….NO COVER”
- $0 — SILICONE & CHAMPAGNE: New Years Eve Party at Capt Black’s. Free champagne toast at midnight, natch.
- $0 – First Hill: The Hideout/Vito’s/The Sorrento– ”Join us this New Year’s Eve for a brilliant evening of food, drink and great music. The Moonspinners will be bringing you into the New Year with a swank dance party only Vito’s could host, DJ Stack will keep you on your feet at the Hideout, and The Overton Berry Trio will ring in 2012 at the Sorrento. Put on your party dress, clip on your bow tie and bounce around First Hill with style! All three parties are free (though we highly encourage dinner reservations at Vito’s) and are sure to leave you feeling on top of the world (okay, top of the town at the very least).”
- $0 — DJ Hank Rock rocks Linda’s
- $0 — The Lobby Bar: “It’s an old-fashioned New Year’s Eve at The Lobby . . . balloon drop, champagne toast, appetizers, DJ Drunkunkle and lots of good ole debaucherous fun.”
- $0 — New Year’s Eve Party @ PURR
- $0 — Hangover New Year’s Eve 2011 at the Grill on Broadway
- $0 — New Year’s at the Cha Cha: “DJ Jacob James, $4 mini champagne bottles, Free “pre-sale” tickets available that guarantee entrance before 10. Just ask any Cha Cha bartender and they can sort you out. Get here early and avoid the line.”
- $0 — “Tavern Law, just honored as one of the country’s best bars by Food & Wine magazine, will throw open its doors for a night of revelry beginning at 5pm. There will be no cover charge and guests will be surprised with drink specials and more. Upstairs, hidden away in the secluded Needle & Thread, a private revelry will ensue.”
- $0 — Cure: “Open at 4pm until 2am with a complimentary champagne toast at midnight. Kitchen will be open until 1:30am as usual. No cover, no DJ, no fixed menu just a nice atmosphere and great small plates to welcome the New Year.”
- $0 — Eastlakers, take note. CHS advertiser Little Water Cantina is having a party.
- $?? — The Cuff. We still don’t know what the cover charge is.
- $5 — Party at Chop Suey
- $6 — Unicorn: “Shake all night to galaxy spanning, epochal sets by SAM ROUSSO SOUNDSYSTEM (Ruff Gemz, Corgi Love) and PARTY TRIBE TROLLS. “
- $8 — NEW YEAR’S EVE: GREASE SING ALONG & Midnight Celebration! at Central Cinema
- $10 — The Lookout promises “Seattle’s best view of the Space Needle and fireworks.” It gets to be a zoo so get there early, we’re told.
- $10 — Snowcrash – Winter Masquerade Ball @ The Mercury! (members only)
- $12 — Vogue New Year’s at Neighbours
- $12 — “The Rolling Stones”, Night Beats, Country Lips at the Comet
- $15 — Innerflight & Flammable host NYE 2012 @ETG
- $15 — New Year’s Eve Bash at The Local Vine
- $20 — Havana New Year’s Eve Gala: Sean Cee, Soul Uno
- $20 — Bender at Neumos: “Decibel, Trashed and Neumos are proud to present BENDER, a two-night celebration filled with dancing, debauchery and visual art to ring in 2012″
- $20 — “New Years Eve Party. DJ Four Color Zack and Henski. $20 cover w/ free champagne toast at midnight. — at HG Lodge.”
- $20 – $35 — Century Ballroom’s dancing is good for the cheapskates — choose from three different halls for covers between $20 and $35. Richy Rich can have dinner or buy a full pass for a bit more. “Join us for an elegant seated dinner in the Ballroom at 7:00 OR show up afterwards for three rooms of dancing at 9:30.”
- $100 — OK. We made one $30+ exception. It’s for a good, local cause and promises to be a one-of-a-kind party — Cafe (un)American New Year’s Eve 2012 at Washington Hall: ”This New Years Eve join State V Pan for Cafe (un)American’s reprisal – an elegant evening of music, magic and mayhem. Join DK Pan and a constellation of debutantes, degenerates, aristocrats and anarchists for an unforgettable New Years Eve featuring 35 performers, specialty cocktails crafted from Sound Spirits liquors, award winning food from Madison Park Conservatory, desserts by Victoria Yee Howe and Theo Chocolates. Expect to enjoy an open bar and a special champagne toast at midnight, games of chance and skill, burlesque performances, music from many original Cafe (un)American performers, and full night of entertainment and surprises.”
- Bonus — Capitol Hill’s Uber Seattle has a NYE gift for CHS readers: “Uber would love to help make it easier for you to get around Seattle by giving all you new users a $20 credit! This typically equals a free ride! To sign up all you have to do is click here: https://clients.uber.com/#!/invite/SEAchsblog“
Splurge-y NYE Dinners
- “Terra Plata still has a few spots open for New Year’s Eve! Come join us for our early seating (5:30 to 6:30) for Chef Tamara Murphy’s special 4-course menu featuring scallops, venison, foie gras torchon and more. All items on the special menu will be available à la carte at the bar with champagne flights and specialty cocktails all night long!!”
- “Don’t forget that Olivar is open New Year’s Eve with an extra special prix fixe menu featuring oysters, foie gras, scallops, lamb cutlets and beef tenderloin. Space is still available. You can see the full menu on the website.” — $75
- “New Year’s Eve is our favorite night at Poppy. This year we are offering a special 4-course menu featuring the best of local seasonal ingredients.” — $75
- Lark hosts a 4-course feast. $85
- “Volunteer Park Cafe is the perfect place to enjoy a fabulous meal before heading out to ring in the New Year on Saturday, December 31.” — $75
- Anchovies & Olives — “Chef Zach Chambers will create a multi-course seafood focused menu giving guests a selection of options for each course.” — $75
- Marjorie — “Our Chef’s NYE Tasting Menu (with consideration for vegetarian, and other special diets) will be available for preview on line Tuesday, December 6th. Reserve your table now!” $50 with optional “fancy” $20 upgrade available. Note to you: Don’t try to impress your date with “financial savvy” by skipping the upgrade.
- Cannon — New Year’s Eve dinner with paired spirits and cocktails – $85 ($95 for the final seating)
- Bako — “We’ll have NYE Cocktail Hour 4-6 pm, serve dinner before 9 pm and send people off to the fireworks!”
- Yoga! — New Year’s Day Yoga Workshop at 8 Limbs
- The Breakfast Club – 2012 New Years DAY Party (6a-4p) at ETG
- Poquitos: “Capitol Hill folks, after you ring in the Año Nuevo around the neighborhood, remember that we’ll be open for brunch at 11:30am on New Year’s Day to help you cope with that fantastic hangover. Or continue your celebration. Or both.”
- $10 brunch at the Unicorn, 11a-3p:
- Bimbos brunch: “Join us for brunch on New Years Day and check out our new Mimosa Menu. Featuring such drinks as the Mexican Mimosa, the Muffy Navel and the Build Your Own Mimosa. We’ll also have breakfast burritos and tofu scramble.”
More to come — please let us know what we missed in comments. We’ll add to this post through the very last seconds of 2011 :)