E Pine’s Fleet Feet is organizing a fun run around Capitol Hill Thursday night with prizes for the best costumes and a holiday supply drive to help Seattle-area homeless service organizations. Details on the first annual Reindeer Run are below. The Odd Fellows building holiday supply drive runs through Saturday — the wishlists for each group are here. The route for the 5k will be posted soon but plan to be at Fleet Feet’s 911 E Pine store with your donation, your nog-filled Camelbak and your ugly Christmas sweater or Santa costume by 6p.
Here are a few more drives underway on the Hill.
We are hosting our very first Reindeer Run on Thursday, December 15th at 6 pm!
This will be a 5k walk/run and each participant who brings a gift for our Holiday Supply Drive for the Homeless will receive a raffle ticket for the Oddfellows Building supply drive drawing. We will also have fabulous Fleet Feet prizes for those of you dressed in costume in the following categories:
- Best individual costume – Santas and and giant gift boxes running through the streets! I can’t wait!
- Best group costume – Be the 12 days of Christmas or a bunch of elves or the Ugly Christmas Sweater club! Oh, man, the photo ops have me all gaga.
- Best dressed dog – Ooooooh, yeah. The cuteness, oh the cuteness of it all…
- Loudest costume – With all the bells and whistles!!
- Brightest costume – It’s not just fun, it’s safe! Flash us a little mistletoe!
- Most creative stroller – Cause we gotta get some sleighs in the mix, ya know?