While many may be mourning the false start to summer we experienced last weekend, there’s plenty to do in the next few days. This weekend features CHEW‘s happy hour, a new “film in the making” at The Project Room, Ghost Gallery‘s 2nd Anniversary, and something called Dumpling Day. Who needs canoeing and sunbathing anyway? Add your Capitol Hill events to the CHS Calendar.
- Dining Out for Life benefit for Lifelong AIDS Alliance — All day
- William Crano: Discusses THE RULES OF INFLUENCE 5:30P at Wyckoff Auditorium, Bannan Engineering Building at Seattle University
- Capitol Hill Chamber of Commerce Mixer 5:30P at 1818 E. Mercer st Seattle WA 98112
- GO RADIO + guests 6P at Chop Suey
- Free GLBT Legal Clinic Meets Monthly in Seattle 7P at QLAW Foundation GLBT Legal Clinic
- Artist Screening and Discussion: Fata Morgana 7P at Northwest Film Forum
- The Bushwick Book Club Seattle celebrates Local Poetry 8P at The Hugo House
- Level Up! April Edition 8P at The Capitol Club
- Wildrose Open Mic 8:30P at Wildrose
- EastPAC monthly meeting with Seattle City Council Public Safety Chair Bruce Harrell
- GENDER BENDER SING-ALONG at Central Cinema kicks off the 2012 Translations Transgender Film Festival
- “Two on Friday” @ EVS Wines 3P – 6P at EVS Wine Shop
Capitol Hill Talent Show debuts at the Grill on BroadwayNext Friday!
- Bladfold by David Nixon 7P at The Project Room
- Boycot PosterGIANT meeting at the Canterbury
- CHEW: Capitol Hill Entrepreneurial Women presents: A Very Happy Hour 4P – 6P at The Tin Table
- SCOUT Apparel celebrates its one-year anniversary with 20% discount on regular priced merchandise and staying open late with champagne from 6-9p.
“CHEW is a network of independent, women-owned businesses on Capitol Hill. Formed out of a shared interest in networking, resource sharing, collaboration and neighborhood advocacy, CHEW is dedicated to strengthening the community of brilliant and creative women in business on The Hill and we want to meet you!”
- Fab the Rev: a queer Mayday Planning Meeting 4:30P – 6:30P at Cal Anderson Park
- The “Other” Gauguin Show Comes to Seattle 6P at 1016 Alley Arts
- Ghost Gallery’s 2nd Anniversary on Capitol Hill 7P at Ghost Gallery
Join Ghost Gallery in celebrating their second year on The Hill.
DJ’s Jacob James (Ships, Echo Party) and Eric Howk (Boom City), Live set by Perpetual Ritual! Meet & Greet Jewelry Artists and shop their latest wares! Emerald Medusa, Nikki Jacoby, Dorothy Cheng & more…
Drinks, Special Discounts, Limited Edition Totes! Courtyard BBQ (Weather Permitting)
$5 at the fence suggested donation
- Cabaret 7:30P at Re-Bar
- Friday Midnight Hotline Rendezvous! 80s Soul, electrofunk, disco & more 9P at Lo-Fi
- Punchline Fridays :::Comedy Showcase::: 9P at Jai Thai on Broadway
- The Hoot Hoots, Nouela, Friends and Family, and Shotty @ The Comet 9P at The Comet Tavern
- Back To The DJ (Spring 2012)! 10P at The Baltic Room
- Seattle Poetry Slam: The 2012 Grand Slam at Town Hall Seattle
In Seattle Poetry Slam’s biggest show of the year, the top eight poets from a season of competitions throw down one last time. The Grand Slam, an all-ages show featuring 2009 Women of the World Poetry Slam Finalist Dee Matthews, determines who will join the 2012 Seattle National Poetry Slam Team in Charlotte, N.C., in August for a five-day festival/competition to select a champion team. Presented by Seattle Poetry Slam.
- Streetcar construction: Broadway median at Seattle Central being removed this weekend.
- Harvard Belmont historical tour, $15 advance, $25 day of
- Put Your Compassion into Action 9AM at 1401 East Jefferson, Suite 401
- National Pharmaceuticals Take Back Day 10AM
- WTF Fest at the Comet, 1p
- Starbucks Global Month of Service in Seattle 10AM – 1P at Mount View Elementary School
- Immortal Dog Adoption Event 11AM – 3P at Immortal Dog
- Cap Hill Trivia Crawl 3P Meets at the corner of Broadway and East Republican
- April Author Event with Jim Larsen 6P at Ada’s Technical Books
- BARE: A POP OPERA – A Benefit for Washington United For Marriage. Directed by Yee-Shin Huang 6P at Neighbours
- Arboretum Spring Plant Sale — expect nutty traffic as event moves to the Arboretum in 2012
- Benefit for the Burlesque Hall of Fame Museum 8P at 915 E. Pine Street
- NIGHT MOVES: Launch Party Saturday April 28 : FREE! 10P at Barboza
- Shameless presents “The Social” – local love! 10P at The Electric Tea Garden
- Broadway Farmers Market, Sundays 11a-3p through December 23rd
- The Hangover Flea Market at the Comet, 2-6p
- Free Community Garden Tour & BBQ 10AM – 3P at Seven Hills Park/Howell Community P-Patch
- Dumpling Day #1 11AM – 4P
Dumpling Day says: “Dumplings are a universal food enjoyed by many people all over the world for hundreds of years. In recognition and honor of this tasty dough treat we present to you a day where you can snack, kick back, and celebrate the power of dumplings.
Please join us for Dumpling Day on Sunday April 29th at Liana’s private kitchen in Chinatown, just beneath the historical Hong Kong Apartments neon sign.
$2 food specials all day long. Raffle. Prizes. Fun. Friends. Chinatown. And more.”
- Anna Witte Music and Stories 1P at Fuel Coffee
- Broadway Hill Park Community Design Meeting 2P – 3P at Seventh Day Adventist Church
- Hot Sex After 50 7:30P at Babeland