Thanks to a fleet of taco trucks taking over Volunteer Park, this Saturday’s Cinco de Mayo festivities on Capitol Hill promise to be even more divertido than usual. Here’s a quick rundown of the fun. We’ll have our full roster of weekend On the List highlights on Thursday.
- Fiesta 5k and Taco Truck Challenge at Volunteer Park: Tacos, beer and competitive running. Fun, we’re sure.
- Cinco de Mayo celebration with El Centro de la Raza (off-Hill):
On Saturday, May 5th El Centro de la Raza will present its 7th Annual Cinco de Mayo Celebration from 1-5 PM outside El Centro de la Raza. Festivities include music, children’s activities, prizes, craft and informational booths, and traditional Mexican food for sale. We will feature performances by Ameyaltonal Danza Azteca, Ofelia Alanis-Torres, Seattle Fandango Project, Seattle Mariachi Azteca and a desfile cultural
- The Saint: “We’re opening early next Saturday (noon) and will be celebrating all day/all night long. Come join us for made-from-scratch salsas, moles and margaritas!”
- Bimbos: Is a Mexican restaurant… we’re sure they’ll do something special for Cinco de Mayo. Or not.
- Rancho Bravo: Always special
- La Cocina Santiago: See above!
- Tacos Chukis, El Farol, La Puerta and El Gallito: Igualmente
- Poquitos: A whole hog awaits you —
Cinco de Mayo is Saturday, May 5, and Poquitos will be open from 11:30am until 2am for guests wanting to celebrate. Whether enjoying a beer in honor of Mexican heritage, or raising a glass to Mexico’s 1862 victory at the Battle of Puebla, or maybe just because you like tequila and it’s Saturday – get your fiesta on at Poquitos!
Chef Manny Arce will be box roasting a whole pig and making street tacos for the crowd to enjoy for $3. The full menu will also be available for those interested in their favorites such as Guacamole made to order, Baja Fish Tacos, Goat Birria, Ceviche, Chile Rellenos, and Mole Negro. Poquitos will be featuring special margaritas and cocktails made with Herradura and Avion tequilas and Cointreau.
- Oddfellows: “Start your Cinco de Mayo celebrations early with a muy caliente batch of our famous Brunch Punch made with Aperol, jalapeño, grapefruit + beet juice. If a late night fiesta is more your style, our $5 Hornitos margarita, usually only available during happy hour, will be available ALL NIGHT. Hasta Sábado!”
Join us for our Cinco de Mayo Party from 10:30am until they shut us down!
Holiday Food Menu ~ Tented Patio Bar ~ Shot & Beer Specials
We start the day with our delish Barrio Brunch from 10:30am to 2pm. Get your spot for the day’s festivities early and enjoy breakfast and $6 brunch cocktails.
Then, we kick it into high gear at 2pm with a “Special Cinco Menu” available from 2pm till we close up shop! To view the special menu, click here.
Bimbos and Poquitos are current CHS advertisers. Muchas gracias!