While you were busy practicing your ball juggling routine on the astro turf over at Cal Anderson, soccer teams across Europe have been gearing up for the Euro 2012 Championships. The slide tackling and strange haircuts kick off on Friday over in Poland and Ukraine. Lucky for us, a number of places on the Hill with alcohol and a television screen will be showing the matches. Here are just a few of the places pulling out the stops to make this the most Euro-tastic Euro 2012.
- Of course, you are going to want to make your first stop for Euro 2012 be Cafe Presse. Beyond the promise that it will be “showing every minute of every game,” Presse also has a whole slew of programing for France’s match against England on June 11. Show up early at 8:30 a.m. for some free popcorn, $3.50 Kronenbourg 1664, Buck’s Fizz or Shandy. Also, Presse will be issuing punch cards for the duration of Euro 2012. Presse requests that you do not bring your Vuvuzulas, but definitely do bring the kids.
- Summit Public House will be opening early and showing live games on weekends at 12:45 pm, with replays throughout the championships at 5:30 pm and 7:30 pm during the weekday. The pub has been upgrading and overhauling for months to be ready for the tourney (UPDATE: Summit’s new deck is still under construction, but should be ready by next weekend). The kickoff game will be shown at 5:30 on June 8th. If you happen to be a member of Sounders support organization Gorilla FC, you can get a $1 off pints and $2 off pitchers if you show your scarf or card. More details here.
- Auto Battery will be showing Euro 2012 games on their 10 televisions. “If it’s sports, and it’s on, we’ll play it,” the bartender told CHS.
- The Chieftan will show games on their six televisions, and are promising to roll out the projector. They also invite you to come celebrate after the first match on Friday with $4 shots of fireball and $6 dropshots, long islands, and AMF’s.
- Madison Pub will host raffles on game days, and are promising as of yet undetermined drink specials for the championships.
- Wild Rose will be giving The Chieftan a run for its money — they’ll also be bringing their projector screen out for the championships. On the night of the kickoff match on friday, Wild Rose will also be offering $5 fireballs and bringing in DJ’s to play a set.
- The Bar on 15th will be showing replays during the weekday as well.
- 95 Slide, the new sports bar coming where HG Lodge used to be, won’t be open in time for start of tournament but could be open for the finals, CHS has been told.
Where are you watching? Want friends? Let us know in comments.