Capitol Hill has a lot to celebrate. Between the start of Pride events, The Three Year Anniversary of Blitz!, and Father’s Day on Sunday, there are plenty of blips on the weekend radar. Have an event we should know about? Add it to the CHS Calendar.
- 3rd Anniversary of Blitz! Capitol Hill Arts Walk — starts at 5P: The School of Acrobatics & New Circus Arts, Zipcar shuttle service, Mustache Walking Tours
- Divas Take the Hill Pride Kick-off Party at Velocity Dance Center
- Hip Chicks Do Wine tasting at Vino Verite
- Pozitvely Me! 6:30P at Seattle Counseling Services 1216 Pine (Melrose and Pine)
- Volunteer Park Conservatory Benefit 8P at Megan Mary Olander, 1911 E. Aloha
- Free GLBT Legal Clinic Meets Monthly in Seattle 7P
- War of the Worlds The True Story Movie World Premiere 8P at Harvard Exit Theatre
- Six Months in ’62: The Seattle World’s Fair 50th Anniversary Book Talk 1:30P at Harvard Exit Theatre
Share your stories at this slide show and talk on by authors Paula Becker and Alan J. Stein, June 15, noon to 1:30 p.m. Sponsored by The Woman’s Century Club atHarvard Exit Theatre, 807 East Roy, Seattle. Free.
- Porchlight turns 3 — Springsteen Formal party
- Anita Amirrezvani 7P at Elliott Bay Book Co.
- CabarGAY! A Queer Cabaret 7:30P at Re-Bar
- Alice (Jan Svankmajer: The Surreal Puppet Poet 8P at Northwest Film Forum
- Lake Union Civic Orchestra: All Tchaikovsky at Town Hall
- 20th Annual Best of Gage:
Porchlight is turning 3! To celebrate we are having our 2nd Springsteen Cover Night–more specifically, Springsteen Formal. Dress up for our anniversary. Wear a dress, tie, tuxedo, skirt, pants, jeans, whatever looks nice. There will be free cake, cheap beer, and balloons.
These bands will be playing:
Chris Brokaw of Codeine
Hawkeye & Honeycutt (Trever, who plays in tons of bands you like)
Party starts at 8PM and is free.
20th Annual Best of Gage
Student Art Exhibit, Awards & Sale
Friday, June 15, 20126:00pm-9:00pm FREE
Join the Gage community to celebrate the Best of Gage, showcasing drawings, paintings and sculptures by Gage student artists.
Select works submitted to the exhibition, as well as pieces from the Gage Ateliers, are for sale during the Friday evening event only! This is your chance to collect beautiful pieces of art at affordable prices and support the talented artists who made them.
- The Seattle Pride Picnic 11AM – 4P at Volunteer Park – Check out the CHS post on the Seattle Pride Picnic here.
- Free historic Volunteer Park walking tour, 10a
- Capitol Hill Indoor Flea Market, 11a-3p
- Broadway Bound presents Seussical at the Broadway Performance Hall (all weekend)
- Traditional Tamale Making Classes 10AM at El Centro De La Raza
- Volunteer Park Walking Tour 10AM
- depArture 11AM – 4P at Lawrence Lofts
- Hey Girl Hey: A Pride Celebration For All Queer People 8P at Plan B Venue
- Ltd Art Gallery: “Opening reception for #RaygunsandRobots is tonight, 7pm. @eatpopcycles will be there with a new popsicle debut!”