A Pride Picnic ’11 scene (Image: Seattle Out & Proud via Flickr)
Looking for a way to fill your Saturday? Ignore any drizzle and head to the park. Here’s a look at a few Saturday happenings. More in this week’s On the List.
- The third annual Seattle Pride Picnic fills Volunteer Park’s amphitheatre meadow Saturday:
The Seattle Pride Picnic is a chance for family and friends to come together in one of Seattle’s iconic parks and celebrate our amazing community. This annual event will be held on Saturday, June 16 at Volunteer Park in Seattle’s Capitol Hill neighborhood.
The fun and food starts at 11:00 AM and goes to 4:00 PM with proceeds going to Food LifeLine. There will be live entertainment and games for the kids so bring your family and your friends. There is a $1.00 per person charge and includes hamburgers, hot dogs, veggie burgers, fresh fruit, salads and beverages.
- Groovin music from MOVIN 92.5
- Boxcar Derby Races – Run by Rat City Roller Girls
- Live Entertainment
- Live Entertainment – local bands and the Seattle Storm dance troop
- YMCA of Greater Seattle will be hosting a ZUMBA class
- $1 per person proceeds donated to Food LifeLine
Everyone is welcome, so come join us on June 16 at Volunteer Park!
- Friends of Olmstead Parks invite you on a free pre-picnic tour of Volunteer Park starting at 10a.
- depARTure at Lawrence Lofts celebrates the new apartments at 19th/Madison with food trucks and more while raising funds for a good cause. CHS is a proud community sponsor.
WHAT: On Saturday, June 16th from 11am to 4pm , Lawrence Lofts will host depARTure a community event featuring local art, food, refreshments and live music. The inaugural community event will raise money to support Building Changes [501(c)3] and all donations made at the event will be matched dollar for dollar by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
The community event will feature:
- Seven digital displays throughout the building featuring the artwork of local and international new media artists
- Food trucks, including: The Box on Wheels, Charlie’s Buns n’ Stuff and Street Treats
- Wine courtesy of Poco Wine Room
- Local artists showing/selling their work
- Rooftop party featuring DJ Colby B and DJ Bret Law
- Photo booth
- Raffle featuring great prizes courtesy of local retailers including Zipcar, Elysian Brewing Company, Uber, Boom Noodle and Swink Style Bar
WHY: The depARTure event will benefit Building Changes. Building Changes is a local organization that advances smart solutions to end homelessness in Washington State. Working collaboratively with nonprofits, philanthropy and government, they help communities reduce and prevent homelessness. Building Changes believes everyone deserves the opportunity for a home, a healthy life and a good job.
WHERE: Lawrence Lofts
1818 E. Madison St.
Seattle, WA 98122
WHEN: Saturday, June 16th from 11a.m.-4p.m.
WHO: Anyone and everyone is invited! Bring yourself, friends and family.