The stage is down and the last of the admission bracelets and free nacho samples have melted into Pike. With the CHBP hangover faded, it’s time for a movie in Cal Anderson. Three Dollar Bill Cinema’s Road Trip series starts Friday. CHS is a proud community sponsor! Time to gear up for another weekend on the Hill. Check out the list of events below and if you have something to add, add it to the CHS Calendar.
- Music Movies: Soul Nite! 8P at Northwest Film Forum
- Benefit for Summit Block Party with A God or An Other, Health Problems, Worst Animal 9P at Highline Bar
- #FightNight: For Your Right! 9P at The Social
Come to The Social for #FIGHTNIGHT this Thursday, July 26th! ALL DOOR PROCEEDS are going directly to WASHINGTON UNITED FOR MARRIAGE!
$5 Suggest donation at the door to benefit the campaign and the push to APPROVE REF. 74.
- Wines of Sur de Los Andes tasting at Vino Verite
The last Friday morning of each month, Schemata is hosting a small Bike-To-Work bagel pitstop for bike commuters on 12th Ave. Originally a spin-off of the Bike to Work Day DIY Commute Stations, we decided that it was too fun to not continue. Join us this Friday from 7:00am to 8:30am for a bagel, a cup-o-joe, and some friendly banter. Thanks to Eltana for the bagels and the People’s Republic of Koffee for the coffee. We hope to see you there!
- Ruby Dee 5P at Elliott Bay Books
- STICKERS in store 7P at Spin Cycle
- Confluence 7P at Northwest Film Forum (runs through 8/2)
Special Jury winner at our Local Sightings Festival in 2011,Conﬂuence documents a series of disappearances on the Idaho/Washington state line. As we hear from victims’ families and law enforcement ofﬁcers, the story twists into an even more gruesome tale as the methods and motivations of a serial killer begin to take shape. The landscape is an ever-present character as Philip Bloom’s immaculate cinematography underlines the eeriness by seducing us with a portrait of vast open hills and a limitless sky.
- A Night of Language, Grief and Celebration 8P at Richard Hugo House
- Strictly Seattle 2012 Performances 8P (also 8P on 7.28) at Broadway Performance Hall
- Bollywood in Volunteer Park 9PM at Volunteer Park
- Movie in Cal Anderson: Pee Wee’s Big Adventure 9PM at Cal Anderson Park
- Harvard/Belmont Walking Tour by SAF 10AM at 901 Harvard Ave. East, (please book online first)
- Children’s Storytime 11AM at Elliott Bay Books
- “Celebrate National Hamburger Day on Saturday, July 28, with free sliders at 8 oz. Burger Bar Seattle from 4 to 6.”
- Jockstraps and Glitter III 2P at Cal Anderson Park
Come out and have an amazing afternoon with the Sisters and Quake Rugby players, and help both organizations raise the funds needed to keep the fun coming ALL YEAR ROUND!
Where else can you buy the shorts off a rugby player, or the tutu off a nun? Hope you can all come out and have some fun with the Quake, the Sisters, Seattle Leather Daddy and Leather Daddy’s boy, and our hostess, drag comedienne Lily Armani! There will be raffle prizes, opportunities to bribe the umps, jockstraps, glitter and craziness!! Wheee!!
- We Are Family Seattle General Assembly 2PM at Lifelong AIDS Alliance 1002 East Seneca
- Capitol Hill Trivia Crawl 3P
- Long Shot 2012 6P at Photo Center NW
Join us on Saturday, July 28th for our annual LONG SHOT exhibition and reverse auction. Prices on every piece will start at $500 and drop incrementally every half hour. Come early to scope out the art and pick your favorite piece! This epic party will feature a live DJ, free drinks, music, community and lots of art!
- SeattleGayScene.com Turns 5! 8P at The Grill on Broadway