The National Weather Service calls it an Excessive Heat Warning. That awesome dude over there with no shirt calls it summer. As we crawl toward 3p, Capitol Hill weather station KWASEATT169 has the neighborhood sniffing 90 F. It’s really too bad you don’t own a boat. Below are a few images from people soaking up the sun on Capitol Hill as well as a few links and notes of interest.
- We’re a long way from Seattle’s hottest day ever.
- A caller from a local health service provider pointed out to CHS that none of the county’s cooling centersare located in Seattle proper. She’s being told to refer clients to the library or community centers.
- So far, no reports of any major weather-related emergencies in the area though there have been a few bark fires around the city. There’s also a protest underway at 23rd and Jackson in the Central District.
- God help us all if the Artusi slushie cocktail machine breaks down.
- Other cool drink etc. ideas: Bamboo’s young coconut, Dinette’s sangria or free ice cream at Cupcake Royale.
- Or you could just pull a Tacos Chukis: “We will be closing today and tomorrow due to the weather. We’re really sorry but it will be over soon. Enjoy it while it lasts!”
- For the budget minded, Quack Dogs is now resident in Cal Anderson for the remainder of the summer. $1 Otter Pops.