In the end, it was a bit of a social occasion as residents of the building at 1711 E Olive Way mixed with the smokers and hangers-out from CC’s while they waited for Seattle Fire to clear the scene. Earlier, SFD crews ripped through a steel door to quickly extinguish a blaze in the building’s garbage room. Picture and account courtesy building resident Jill:
Fire in the trash room of plaza del sol (my apt building) firefighters had to saw open the door to the trash room!
The 9:58p response closed E Olive Way for about 40 minutes as several fire units rushed to the scene — the typical response for all fire reports in multifamily structures.
The fire was reportedly contained to the trash room. There were no reported injuries during the response. We’ll check with SFD to learn more about the cause.
The incident came on a pleasant Sunday night at a reasonable hour as a few dozen residents waited on the sidewalks outside the building and is a reminder of just how few serious fires we end up covering in the area. No complaints here, by the way.