See something people should know about? Call or txt (206) 399-5959 or send us mail.
- One person was injured and a woman was arrested after a fight Tuesday morning near Pho Le’s on E Pike. Tipster Rich provided a few details from the scene:
I was walking by and they had a victim they were tending to, bleeding from the arm (looked to be in agony) SPD was holding the perimeter and as we walked by recovered a collapsible baton from the bushes nearby
According to police, officers were called to the location just before noon to a report of two men fighting over a woman. The woman allegedly produced a baton and beat one of the men while the other man fled the scene. The 20-year-old man who was beaten suffered head and facial injuries according to radio dispatches. SPD tells us the woman was arrested and is being booked into jail.
- a strange hold-up of the shop by a man who claimed to have a gun as he attempted to steal wine. : The take and bake pizza joint at 15th and Pine was again a target for criminals. Sometime overnight a thief broke in through the back of Zaw and stole cash from the register. In May, we reported on
- Monday night’s car vs. pedestrian collision on E Olive Way. The driver was not cited in
- turned to Reddit to try to find witnesses who saw a car strike him and his dog while crossing 15th Ave at E Prospect: This guy has
Me and my dog were hit by a car on a designated crosswalk in the city; no major injuries – the dog was walking fine and I had some minor bleeding on my hand. Anyway, the driver stopped, asked me how I was doing (looking at my bleeding hand) and gave me his phone number and insurance card. I didn’t think it was an emergency and so I didn’t call 911 (I realize if I had I wouldn’t be in this situation).
- details of this 300 block 16th Ave break-in earlier this month. A home in the 1200 block of 16th Ave E was busted into Sunday. Details from an email forwarded to CHS: “… between 3pm and 7pm someone broke a window in a back door, got in, and stole various valuables including papers, credit cards and a computer while the owners were briefly absent.” We shared