See something others should know about? You can always txt/call CHS at (206) 399-5959, email or holler at us via Twitter or Facebook. Don’t forget about the new SPD ‘Tweets by Beat’ service — we’ve posted links to the beats covering most of Capitol Hill here.
- : A search for a suspected burglar with a distinctive appearance came up empty Friday night following an attempted break-in at a home in the 1700 block of E Galer. Police were called to the home around 10:30p by a woman who heard someone pounding on her front door and inside her house downstairs. As police rushed to the scene, they found signs of a forced entry and saw a white or Hispanic male around 6-feet tall, 200 pounds and bald fleeing from the area via a nearby alley. Police and K9 units encircled the area and searched street by street for the man but were not successful.
- : Details are slim in an early Sunday morning street robbery reported to have taken place near 11th and Pike. The victim reported the mugging Sunday afternoon around 4p to officers at the East Precinct.
- Yancy Noll case: Prosecutors have filed first degree murder charges against 29-year-old Dinh Bowman in the shooting death of Capitol Hill wine steward Yancy Noll. Bowman, held without bail, is expected back in court on the 8th to enter his plea on the charges.
- an internal investigation of possible improper contact with the handcuffed suspect faces charges of third degree assault. 23-year-old John Ross has been charged in the case for what police say was a drunken attack on a female officer trying to keep him from leaving the scene of an investigation. The man arrested in the assault of a police officer at Seattle Central last week that sparked
- a September bust of a purse snatcher targeting women inside Capitol Hill clubs: : SPD posted about
Officers caught a purse snatcher at a Capitol Hill nightclub on 10th Avenue and E. Pike Street early Tuesday.
Shortly after 1 am, two women inside the club reported that a man wearing a black hat had stolen their purses. When Officers spotted the suspect near the club’s restrooms, he quickly ducked inside an occupied lavatory.
Officers followed the suspect inside, where they found him staring at himself in the mirror, next to a very confused woman who had been using the bathroom when the suspect barged in.
When officers took the suspect out of the bathroom and patted him down, a purse fell out of his waistband onto the ground. Moments later, a second purse fell out of his pants.
Officers then arrested the man, who told police he was having a “drunk stupid moment.”
We’ve asked SPD to identify the suspect for us so we can follow up and learn more about charges in the case.
- campus thievery. The Spectator has details on some
- : Two men were arrested in this September 25th caper at the 15th/John Safeway:
- Ugly scene on Melrose: Police responded to this 100 Melrose Ave E incident on September 22nd that included a child in a stroller getting knocked over in the tumult:
- : This September incident went down in the 1600 block of 13th Ave and reportedly involved a handgun and some more ugliness: