We showed you what the wee ones were wearing during Sunday’s second-annual Hilloween celebration in Cal Anderson Park. Below, please enjoy a selection of some of the creative and creepy outfits the big kids were wearing on Capitol Hill this weekend. We also have a few notes on this week’s Halloween parties and, if you think your get-up has what it takes to win the big bucks, Capitol Hill costume contests.
Don’t forget you can also make a quick buck by carving a fantastic pumpkin and dropping it off at the Volunteer Park Conservatory Monday night.
And if you’re itching to plot your trick or treat attack, you can also refer back to our 2011 candy acquisition guide for Capitol Hill. Expect an update soon.
Parties & Contests
Costume contest entrants are invited to bring their most creative efforts to the enormous costume contest. “R” rated costumes are welcome (but within the bounds of the law, or course!).
The Grand Prize winner will be awarded $1,000 Cash!2nd and 3rd place winners will be presented with gift cards for The Grill on Broadway.
- Neumos/Barboza/Moe annual Halloween Bash
- The Lookout costume contest – $100
- Undergrad at Neighbours Costume Contest TUESDAY!
- A Spirited Halloween at Poco
- Lost Boys Halloween Takeover at Q
- Haunted Conservatory Halloween Open House
- Halloween Havana ”ladies free before 11p”
- A Very Tiki Halloween at Rumba. Pineapple carving!
Ghastly makeover at Gary Manuel Aveda Institute
Q’s bartender Kyle does Rocky IV
Stylin at Diesel
Meanwhile, the city’s Only in Seattle marketing program is holding an online vote for the best costumes from Sunday’s Hilloween bash.