You’ve had weeks to prepare. This weekend, you can start reaping the rewards of your brilliant costume idea. Or ideas. With a Halloween Wednesday, you’re about to experience a full five days of ghouly goofiness. Below is a collection of reminders, notes, and new stuff for the Hilloween weekend culminating in Sunday’s fun for kids big and small in Cal Anderson Park. We’ll have more on costumes, shenanigans and trick or treating in the ‘hood as the big night approaches.
- Gay City benefit Halloween bash BUMP! comes to Capitol Hill this year. Meanwhile, the Jello Underground is planning a Halloween-inspired debut at the Balagan. Details!
- From this week’s On the List events run-down: “Saturday night is peak costume time with parties at Neumos, Capitol Club, Q (’til dawn!), The Social, The Cuff, 95 Slide, the First Hill trifecta of Vito’s-Hideout-Sorrento, Baltic Room, Pony-oh hell: just about every bar on the Hill, ok?”
- Hilloween 2012 is envisioned as an urban Halloween carnival in Cal Anderson Park. It should be pretty amazing — rain or shine, thanks to the big tents.
… music, arts, story time, carnival games and face painting; top-notch entertainment from notable artists Recess Monkey and Jenny and her Ukulele; a marching band led costume parade (3 p.m.), and trick-or-treating at neighborhood businesses…
The fun runs noon to 6 PM. We’re thinking you pretty much have to be around for the 3 PM parade.
Scott sent us this picture of a jack-o’lantern from Cafe Argento. You should send us a picture, too.
Mom and dad and mom and mom and dad and dad and so on can take advantage of the coinciding “Only in Seattle” promotion on Sunday to save at area businesses including 25% off ice cream sandwiches at Cupcake Royale, 10% off your tab at Poquitos, or free burgers or pizza for kids in costume at Pagliacci and Blue Moon Burgers. You gotta have the coupon — you can use the one at the bottom of this post.
CHS is a proud community sponsor of the carnival.
More information at https://www.facebook.com/Hilloween
- The Friends of the Volunteer Park Conservatory are holding a pumpkin carving contest and entries can be dropped off starting Monday. We’ve decided to lend a hand — or a feather, or something. CHS is proud to sponsor a special category in the contest for the best pumpkin with a bird on it. Incorporate a bird in your design. Get picked. Win $50 cash. Plus another $50 for the Friends. Happy Halloween!
- Need a last minute costume idea? Presenting the 2012 CHS Halloween Collectible Masks. Damn, that’s a cold ass honkey!