- A third of expected King County voters have already turned in their ballots:
About 367,000 ballots had been received by King County Elections as of Tuesday, according to spokeswoman Kim van Ekstrom. That’s more than a third of the roughly 1 million ballots King County expects to be cast.
- Of course, you could also look at it from the other side — two-thirds had yet to vote as of Tuesday.
- With a prediction of 87%, the county is projecting turnout to be higher than the 2008 and 2004 presidential elections. It will be King County’s third straight presidential election with higher turnout.
- CHS looked at what happens if R74 passes here, what happens if I-502 passes here and, for those two-thirds still filling in bubbles, what happens around the Hill if charter schools I-1240 passes… soon. This community post opposed to the initiative was shared on the site last month.
- Slog posts a useful “What To Do If Your Ballot Is AWOL”
- Election cams!
- The latest KCTS Washington Poll numbers are out showing Inslee with a slim but insignificant preference over McKenna, the 1185 tax initiative cruising, charter schools with a perhaps unsurmountable level of appeal, marijuana legalization headed toward victory and R74 on its way to approval (despite those sneaky ads).
- CHS featured this first-person account of volunteering in a Capitol Hill approve R74 call center.
- Election night parties, etc. abound. We’ll have details on Capitol Hill happenings soon.
- How about some reporting on ballot items that have received a little less ink? Here’s a look at the race for King County Sheriff. Also, in Seattle, we’re voting on paying to repair the city’s seawall. In the abstract, seems like the kind of thing you have to either pay for and replace or… not have a city. But, hey, we’re voting on it.
- E Pike’s Cupcake Royale and the rest of the Seattle-based chain is doing what it can to get out the vote:
LOVE is undeniable and it makes the world go round. Show your support by voting & showing Cupcake Royale your voting pic. We want to see your beautiful face at the polls!
Then we will show YOU some LOVE back with a FREE BABYCAKE or BABYSCOOP of ice cream. Use #voteforcupcakes on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and show it to any cafe employee!
One per person and valid on November 6, 2012 only.
- Jay Inslee for Governor and Senator Maria Cantwell ft. The Lonely Forest with Aqueduct + Yuni in Taxco + Telekinesis (solo), free, November 2nd 8p at Neumos
- Masochistic, closeted power bottoms for Romney, via @joeyhunziker