Below, find a brightly-wrapped package of Christmas Eve and Christmas things to do and more around Capitol Hill. We’ll add things as we find them so please comment, send us a note or holler via Twitter or call/txt (206) 399-5959 with additions. We’ll add more about what’s open on Christmas day, too, as Santa Claus approaches.
Christmas Eve Services
- Grace Church Seattle — 1300 E Aloha — 5 PM — “Come join us as we celebrate the birth of Jesus by reading through various portions of scripture and singing carols together. Cider, hot chocolate, and cookies afterwards. Bring a plate of your favorite cookies to share. Childcare available.”
- Calvary: The HIll’s Christmas Eve Service — Pravda Events 1406 10th Ave. Suite 200 — 10:30 PM: “Come join us as we ring in Christmas Celebration by singing Christmas Carols together and reading from the Christmas Story. All are welcome, even your kids if they are still awake.”
- St. Mark’s — 1245 10th Ave E — Starting at 2PM — 4+ Holy Eucharists including a 2 PM session especially for little ones.
- Seattle First Baptist — 1111 Harvard Ave — 5:30 and 10:30 PM — “Intergenerational” at 5:30 and candlelight at 10:30 PM.
- First Covenant Church — 400 E. Pike – 11 PM
- All Pilgrims – 500 Broadway E — “Monday, December 24 (Christmas Eve Worship) @ 6:30 pm – Family Carol Sing; 7:30 pm Service”
CHS YEAR IN REVIEW 2012
Don Jensen of Community Lunch on Capitol Hill says the service never takes a holiday off. “We never close for any holidays, so we will be serving on both Christmas Day and New Years Day at noon this year if you would like to let people know, ” Jense writes. They’ll be serving again on Christmas Day starting at noon at 11th Ave’s Central Lutheran. You can learn more about the services and how to help here.
More Christmas Eve feasting
- Altura has a pricy but probably so so delicious dinner planned: “Join us for Chef Nathan Lockwood’s special Christmas Eve tasting menu, $105 per person, $65 to add wine pairings. Regular dinner menu not available. Open special hours.”
- Julia’s is open! “Broadway location will be open until 10pm on Christmas eve.”
- Jimmy’s on Broadway starts serving its special Christmas Eve (and Christmas) menu at 1p Monday including prime rib.
- Anchovies & Olives – SPECIAL CHRISTMAS EVE EVE event :) Sunday night “Feast of the Seven Fishes” — “a traditional fish-centric family-style feast for guests to enjoy. Cost is $75/person. Dinner will be served from 5pm – 10pm”
Cocktails on Christmas?
Seattle Times includes a few Capitol Hill bright spots where you can find a 12/25 holiday treat including Liberty — “will serve tequila-sherry eggnog, the trendy holiday drink around the Northwest this year” — and Montana — “will serve holiday-themed cocktails, as well as a ginger hot toddy.”