Treat your visiting relatives to a gay yuletide: Homo for the Holidays continues delighting audiences through Monday Dec 24th with 2 shows per night (7p and 10p) of burlesque, cabaret, dance, drag and music performances at Oddfellows West Hall. The Dina Martina Christmas Show continues through December 31st at Rebar.
Hey shoppers! Check out Shop the Hill for fresh new deals from our local retailers.
Have an event people should know about? Add it to our free community calendar.
Thursday, Dec 20th
- One night only screening of Sans Soleil (1980), a mind-bending free-form travelogue guided by associative editing and an unnamed narrator, by filmmaker Chris Marker. NW Film Forum, 7p.
- Opening night for the art show Famous Faces, featuring new portraits by artist and musician Shana Cleveland. Cairo (507 E Mercer), 7 – 9p.
- Doomsday End of the World Party with music performances by The Physics and Head Like a Kite. Free at Neumos, 8p.
- The Party at the End of the World features a full roster of DJs and plus performances. The Social, 9p
- Northwest Film Forum needs help with theater seating demolition on Friday and Saturday, daytime. If you know righty-tighty lefty-loosy, you are qualified. BYO tools if you have them; you can still help if you don’t. Contact Lyall Bush (firstname.lastname@example.org) for details.
- Fifth Annual BottleNeck Holiday Happy Hour with house-made hot buttered rum. The BottleNeck Lounge (2328 E Madison), 4 – 8p.
- The Annual Holiday Party at Northwest Film Forum offer a Nog-Off competition of best homemade egg nog, games, and dancing. Bring a dish for the potluck table and say hi to “your favorite film luminary as Santa.” Mr. Daniel Craig, is that you under the white beard? free at NW Film Forum, 7p.
- It’s the last night to visit Skelly & the Bean.
- It’s the first night to visit new Essence Wine.
- Joshua Fields Millburn and Ryan Nicodemus discuss their journey toward a simpler life, as reflected in their book Minimalism: Live a Meaningful Life. Town Hall, 6 – 7:30p.
- Seattle Radio Theatre performs “I’ll Be Seeing You” a radio teleplay, as originally broadcast on Christmas Eve in 1945. Town Hall, 7:30 – 9p.
- End of the World Party with Lisa Dank, LANformatique and more. Electric Tea Garden (1402 E Pike), 8p – midnight.
- It’s the End of the World at Highline too! Ocelot Omelet (that sounds nasty) headlines. Highline Bar (210 Broadway E), 8p.
- Each holiday season the music blog Three Imaginary Girls put together a fun holiday show. The 2012 Imaginary Holiday Spectacular: Open Mic Edition features stripped down sets from indie musicians. Plus, get your picture taken with musician and witty tweeter Santa John Roderick. Wheee!
- Linda’s does the END OF THE WORLD party thing, too.
- The world is also ending outside!??! at Seattle Central. Puget Sound Anarchists celebrate.
Saturday, Dec 22nd
- Give and Receive: a holiday market in the spirit of free giving. Bring things to give away (good condition please) and don’t be bashful about receiving. Black Coffee Coop (501 E Pine), 10a – 3p.
- Get your New Year’s resolutions started early. New E Pine gym Rival Fitness starts a week of free classes.
- Holiday Storytime with React Theatre at Elliott Bay Book Company, 11a.
- Bizarre Bazaar offers unique and funky wares, plus a well-sticked mimosa bar. Erikson Theatre (1524 Harvard Ave), 11a – 4p.
- Get your photo taken with the Babeland Holiday Vulva. Seriously, it’s a thing. Babeland, 1:30 – 2p.
- Christmasamba, a Brazilian/Caribbean celebration with salsa, calypso, samba, gospel, jazz, and choir. Broadway Performance Hall at SCCC, 6:30 – 11p.
- Beyond Saving, a Post-Apocalyptic fundraiser party for Lambert House hosted by the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence. The Cuff Complex (1533 13th Ave), 8p – Midnight.
- Post-Apocalyptic Playground Party with classic club and post-modern disco. Q Nightclub (1426 Broadway), 8p – 4a.
- Duke Ellington’s Sacred Music features Seattle Repertory Jazz Orchestra, NW Chamber Chorus, guest vocalists and a tap dancer(!). Town Hall, 7 – 9p.
- Make your own egg nog with this recipe from Sun Liquor. Psst: drink the real deal Sun Liquor Egg Nog (pictured) on Dec 24 and 25th– the only two days of the year Sun Liquor serves it.
- Final Broadway Sunday Farmer’s Market of 2012. Did you know the market offers gift certificates? Broadway and Pine, 11a – 3p.
- The Tommy Gun Christmas Cocktail Party features house-made egg nog, plus hot sandwiches, champagne cocktails, and holiday treats. Tommy Gun (1703 E Olive Way), 5p to close.
Sun Dec 23rd