Houseguests getting antsy? The holiday display at Volunteer Park Conservatory continues through January 1st. There’s always the movie option. Playing this weekend on the Hill: Anna Karnina (Keira Knightley in a dress), Any Day Now (Alan Cumming in a dress), Hyde Park on the Hudson (1939 dresses), and Chasing Ice (no dresses). Showtimes.
Have something people should know about? Add it to our community calendar.
Thursday, December 27th
- RXCH WXTCH birthday party featuring Bryan (of White Ring), DJ set by bryce (of The Crypts),and Sharlese. Vermillion, 8p.
- “Bubble wrap” tasting at Vino Verite.
Friday, December 28th
- Open Mic Night at Black Coffee Coop (501 E Pine St), 7 – 11p.
- Post Terrestrial: A Curated Night of Exploratory Music and Sound at Vermillion, 9p.
- Artifakt’s All Female Art Show and DJ showcase. Let’s call it Hill Elles, shall we? Artists include 179, Zoe Kellett, Ronnie Taylor, and more. The DJ headliner is global phenom EVA. Electric Tea Garden, 10p – 4a.
Saturday, December 29th
- Museum of History and Industry (MOHAI) welcomes the public to a free MOHAI Grand Opening Celebration in
their new home in South Lake Union Park (860 Terry Ave N) on Saturday, 10a – 8p. The celebration extends into the park itself with food trucks, historic boat tours, boat rides and entertainment.
- Seattle U family deal prices as men’s basketball takes on Idaho at Key Arena.
- Baroque Celebration with Seattle Baroque Orchestra at Town Hall, 8 – 10p.
- Happy 28th to Wildrose! Celebrate 28 years with the number one Capitol Hill lady tonight. DJs, burlesque, drink specials and more. Wildrose Bar, 8p to close.
- Say hi to former hillebrity Matt Hickey (now living somewhere east) while he’s in town. Hickey for the Holidays at Barboza (under Neumos), with Trent Moorman and Radjaw. Tech cray cray may ensue.
Sunday, December 30th
- Rock-a-Raise, a Hurricane Sandy benefit dance party featuring DJ sets, burlesque by Gams Galore and Mitzy Sixx, and raffle prizes. Alex Grindeland from Comedy Sportz is the evening’s emcee.
Monday, December 31st — New Year’s Eve
- Our full “cheap and free” list is coming… shortly. In the meantime, you can plan the cheapest, freest fun of all — watching NYE fireworks from Capitol Hill.