This batch of blotter items from the streets of Capitol Hill is, well, weird. See something weird others should know about? Email CHS or call/txt (206) 399-5959.
- Fuel vs. car at 11th/Pine: Seattle Fire’s Ladder 10 truck was called out to 11th and Pine to help police officers late Tuesday night after “a detained person” poured “fuel” over a car and then ran into the street during the incident with police. The fire crew was on hand to “evaluate the quantity” of the unidentified fuel that had been spilled and determine whether a more significant clean-up was warranted. No details yet from SPD about what transpired in the near-midnight incident.
- Wheeled robbery attempt: A clerk at the Harvard Market Bartell’s sustained minor injuries Saturday night when a man with a red mohawk and riding a bicycle inside the store attempted to steal a phone and make his getaway on wheels. According to the police report, the woman and another employee were able to recover the phone when the mohawked man crashed in the parking lot before riding from the scene on Harvard.
- Have you seen the Capitol Hill drone pilot? You’ve read concerns about Seattle Police using drones for surveillance but a resident of the Miller Park area around 19th and Thomas tells CHS she is concerned about a fellow citizen employing a drone near her home:
This afternoon, a stranger set an aerial drone into flight over my yard and beside my house near Miller Playfield. I initially mistook its noisy buzzing for a weed-whacker on this warm spring day. After several minutes, I looked out my third-story window to see a drone hovering a few feet away. My husband went to talk to the man on the sidewalk outside our home who was operating the drone with a remote control, to ask him to not fly his drone near our home. The man insisted that it is legal for him to fly an aerial drone over our yard and adjacent to our windows. He noted that the drone has a camera, which transmits images he viewed through a set of glasses. He purported to be doing “research”. We are extremely concerned, as he could very easily be a criminal who plans to break into our house or a peeping-tom.
The woman tells us she called police but they decided not to show up when the man left. She wonders if anybody else has encountered this Capitol Hill drone pilot.
- Hot dog stand hazard: Mad Dawg, the hot dog stand in front of the Chieftain pub on 12th Ave, was closed by health inspectors briefly this weekend after an inspector identified “the imminent health hazard of no available hot water” at the stand at 12:45 AM Sunday. With hot water restored, the stand has been allowed to reopen, King County Health reports.
- Don’t slap club owners: The woman arrested for her part in this fracas over reported public sex inside Q dance club was busted for slapping club owner Scott Smith across the face, according to the police report on the incident.
- Mysterious assault at Pike/Broadway: Police called to the intersection of Broadway and Pike around 4 AM Sunday found a man bloodied in a beating that he could not explain:
- Car2Go hit+run X-File: Driver arrested in Hill’s infamous Car2Go hit and run incident? Still no charges.
- Cafe disappearance: The Online Cafe has, indeed, disappeared. X-File solved!