The Pride flag will be flying above Seattle’s City Hall again this weekend to celebrate Seattle’s 2013 parade and parties as rainbow flags have been on full display across Capitol Hill throughout June. CHS wandered the Hill’s business districts Monday afternoon to catch this year’s colors.
Please share links to your rainbow flag images from around the Hill — especially your favorite flags flying from apartment buildings or homes or send us mail at email@example.com so we can add them to this post. CHS didn’t take a Pride flag tour in 2012 (still, plenty of rainbows here) — but here are some of the colors from 2011.
You’ll find more on the events from the weekend in our recent coverage, below. Friday, Saturday and Sunday are also big days, of course, for the Hill’s various nightlife strips. In 2012, a more activist-minded Pride energy also made itself known on the Hill. CHS will be on hand to cover it all. Have fun. Have Pride.
UPDATE: Here are some more Pride colors from the CHS Flickr Pool. Thanks to Aaron Brethorst and Doug McLaughlin for sharing.
More Capitol Hill Pride 2013:
- Trans Pride to add to Capitol Hill parade roster – June 28th
- Pride on Hill expands to celebrate LGBTQ milestones with Family Day in Cal Anderson – Family Day in Cal Anderson, Dyke March, Pride Festival on Broadway — June 29th
- 4th Annual Prom Dress Rugby Match — June 29th
- Parties & More Guides — Seattle Gay Scene / Seattle Gay News
- Queer Youth Space will have extended hours this weekend
- Freddie Mercury gallery will show love for Queen(s) while giving back to Pride
- Sunny scenes from the 4th annual Seattle Pride Picnic
- Hundreds sweep up Pike/Pine, Broadway
- More Pride 2013 coverage