With 2013’s Seattle Pride weekend in full swing, here’s a reminder about Saturday’s busy itinerary. More CHS Pride 2013 coverage here.
- PrideFest Family Day features games, crafts, drag queen story time, magic show, performance by Recess Monkey, a bouncy house, and more. CHS story here. Cal Anderson Park, 12 – 5p.
- Capitol Hill Pride Festival closes Broadway from E John to E Roy St. Booths, music, performances, doggie drag contest. Map and detailed event schedule is here—scroll down, down, down (keep going…) to see it. 11a – 11p.
- Rainbow Women’s Health Fair: Free services (such as massage, hepatitis C and HIV testing, chiropractic screening) and information on heart health, smoking cessation, and more. Plus, free mammogram and pap tests for those age 40+ (make an appointment by calling 206.461.4493). All Pilgrims Church (500 Broadway E), 12 – 4p.
- 4th Annual Prom Dress Rugby Match will be a blast and audience participation via purchase of penalties, possession changes and “tries” (increase a score) are encouraged. Proceeds to benefit POCAAN. Cal Anderson Park, 2p.
- Unicorn Stampede: don your best unicorn horn (DIY) and join the herd at Cal Anderson Park at 3p to bestow blessings, grant wishes and spread smiles. At some point the herd will stampede onto Broadway and later end up at The Unicorn bar. The free Pride Party at Unicorn (8p start) includes burlesque, drag show, photo booth, carnival games, costume contest and more.
- Seattle Dyke March gathers for a rally at SCCC Plaza at 5p then steps off at 7p to go around Capitol Hill and return back to the Plaza..
- Happy 40th Anniversary, Elliott Bay Book Company! Readings from authors whose recent books have been based in Seattle: Jim Lynch, Maria Semple, and Ryan Boudinot. Elliott Bay Book Company, 7p.
- Queer Carnival Pride is ”a night of circus tricks and party tricks and cheap tricks, a burlesque affair surely full of strippers, aerialists and knives.” Fred Wildlife Refuge, 9p.