We hope you have a happy and safe 4th of July weekend. As a reminder, SPD has a few requests to help emergency service crews do their job during the holiday. If you see something others should know about, email us or call/txt CHS at (206) 399-5959.
- Overdoses: CHS has details of two apparently heroin-related overdoses that have lead to citizens and emergency responders struggling to revive victims in the streets of Capitol Hill in recent days. In one incident on Tuesday just before 4 PM, Seattle Fire medics responded to the 100 block of Bellevue Ave E where they found an unconscious and unresponsive male in his 30s apparently suffering from a drug overdose. Seattle Fire says its crew members administered Narcan, a drug used to counter the effects of opiate overdose, and were able to revive the victim who was transported to Harborview in stable condition. Meanwhile, early this morning, a SFD crew took over for the caller who was attempting to use CPR to revive a man in his 20s on the sidewalk outside The Egyptian theater building on E Pine. Paramedics transported the victim to Harborview. His condition is not known.
- Amante “shooting” update: As we initially reported about the incident, SPD now says the Pride weekend attack on Amante Pizza’s window was inflicted by a BB gun.
- Drive-by phone grab attempt on E Republican: Phone thieves have an increasingly common MO — here’s another report of a drive-by phone rip-off. This incident went down Tuesday night around 6:15 near 14th and E Republican and, thanks to help from a fast response from another person in the area, left the thieves empty handed:
- Hold on to your pants: At 1 AM Saturday morning a woman was urinating in bushes in the 500 block of 21st Ave when a man attempted to rob her. According to the report, the suspect appeared suddenly and grabbed her purse. The victim recovered her purse and pushed the suspect away, and he fled heading west on E Cherry St.
- Basement burglary: A bicycle and speaker equipment were stolen from a house in the 100 block of 18 Ave E in a burglary Saturday evening. The victim told police that the suspect(s) entered his home through a basement window, taking his girlfriend’s Specialized bike and his Sony floor speakers. The value of the goods stolen totaled approximately $1500. Police recovered fingerprints, which they submitted to evidence, according to the report.
- 10th Ave fight: An altercation at Neumos early Tuesday morning turned physical when a man allegedly threw one punch and kicked the victim as he fell to the ground. The victim was intoxicated and initially reported being attacked by multiple assailants, before admitting there was only one suspect. The two had been arguing with the suspect about the suspect’s girlfriend. The suspect left the scene in a taxi, but left his Oregon ID card, according to police.