See something others should know about? Email CHS or call/txt (206) 399-5959.
- Pike/Boylston armed robbery: As CHS is reporting on the uptick in robberies recorded in SPD statistics through the first half of 2013, another armed robbery incident was reported late Thursday night. According to East Precinct radio dispatches, a man told police a knife was held to his neck as he was robbed of his phone and glasses by a group of four or five teens at E Pike and Boylston.Police searched the area following the incident reported just before midnight but the description of the group was limited to a group of black teens and a few specific clothing colors. One with a red shirt was reportedly carrying the knife, the victim said.There were no injuries reported in the mugging.
- Pizza assault victim has way with words: We’re not sure exactly what the victim in this attempted assault near Hot Mama’s Pizza said to his would-be assailant but we would like to know — SPD has redacted most of the statement but it ends “this is not a good idea for you.” The suspect reportedly replied, “Oh, ok, ok” and backed away. There were no arrests.
- Man knocked out: The victim in possible robbery just before midnight on Tuesday, September 10th came to at 16th and E Union to find his wallet and phone missing:
- Harvard purse snatch: A woman had her purse stolen before she could defend herself with a safety baton she was carrying as she walked near Harvard and Pike around 5 AM Thursday:
- Med Mix tag team: This team has become the poster couple for choosing the wrong canvas. Our sister site the Central District News reports the duo was caught on surveillance video on August 30th tagging the charred Med Mix restaurant at 23rd and Union, still shuttered for repairs following a mid-August arson. Apparently with electricity shut off during the repairs, the graffiti artists assumed the surveillance cameras were also offline. Not so. Rather than start a tagger witch hunt to identify the duo, the incident might serve better to illustrate the importance of selecting the proper canvas. Still, police are investigating.
- Officer suspended for CD incident: Another CD crime story has come to a conclusion of sorts as Seattle Police Department Patrol Officer Eric Faust has been suspended for excessive force and unnecessarily escalating a confrontation in an October 2012 arrest.
- Plant thief? From the CHS Community post section, neighbor xojz reports a plant thief may be on the loose in the neighborhood. “My porch at 14th & E Denny Way was robbed last night for the 4th time this summer,” xoiz sadly reports, providing tragic imagery of the crime.