Nothing like a bike on its side on the pavement to make you think about slowing down — @marcybikes shared this image from a car vs. bike crash Thursday morning at Nagle and Pine and noted it was the second such incident at the exact intersection in 24 hours.
We’re checking with Seattle Fire on injuries but it sounds like Thursday’s crash involved not-too-serious injuries.
- 9/5/2013 8:54:33 AM F130089837 1 L10 Nagle Pl / E Pine St Aid Response
- 9/4/2013 5:24:55 PM F130089640 1 M1 A25 Nagle Pl / E Pine St Aid Response
More when we hear back from Seattle Fire. UPDATE: Sounds like both incidents involved relatively minor injuries — good news!
With a forecast for heavy rains following a sunny, warm summer, take it easy out there and ease back into things. We’re a little out of practice, it seems. From the National Weather Service:
- Today — Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. High near 72. Calm wind becoming northwest around 6 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Tonight — Rain and possibly a thunderstorm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Low around 63. North northwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Friday — Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. High near 67. Calm wind becoming south southwest 5 to 7 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 90%.