- Car vs pedestrian mystery: Seattle Police were trying to track down the driver in a peculiar Capitol Hill car vs. pedestrian incident that left a man with a fractured neck. According to the SPD report on the incident, the victim arrived at Harborview after walking to the facility early on the morning of Saturday, December 14th for emergency care.The circumstances around the man’s terrible injury were murky at best:
With the victim’s description of the location and belief that it occurred on Capitol Hill, police determined the incident likely took place near Amante Pizza near Summit and E Olive Way. The victim said there were multiple people in the area around the time of the 3:30 AM collision but SPD found no record of 911 calls reporting the incident.
According to the victim, the driver of the vehicle got out and offered to help: Before he drove away, the suspect driver left the victim with “five Clozapine pills for pain” but the victim told the man he couldn’t have the drugs because he was on probation. The driver told the injured man he knew where he was coming from — he, too, had a criminal record. The driver then gave the victim a credit card:
Police collecting evidence from the victim in the hospital found the note, the five pills and the credit card allegedly identifying the driver. We’ll check in with SPD to find out if there have been any arrests in the case.
- Pawn shop robbery arrest: A man was arrested for trying to steal a laptop during a pawn transaction to sell a pair of speakers at E Pine’s Capitol Loans. According to the SPD report on the Friday, December 13th incident, the laptop disappeared from inside the shop during the speaker negotiations. Police in the area noticed an altercation over the pilfered computer spill out onto the sidewalk, moved in and made the arrest. The suspect was booked into jail for investigation of robbery.
- Robbery arrest: The suspect in an early morning December 24th street robbery and beating told police he was high on meth after his arrest. Police responded around 1 AM to the report of the robbery near Belmont and E Pike:The suspect was located nearby and apprehended after a short foot chase. He was identified by the victim and booked into jail for investigation of robbery.
- CD home invasion: Police continue to search for the suspects in this December 24th Central District home invasion robbery:
A group took advantage of a Central District resident’s desire to help, forcing their way into her home and robbing her at gunpoint early last Tuesday, according to the Seattle Police Department.
According to the police report for the incident, the victim was sleeping in her home in the 1800 block of 26th Avenue around 4:10 a.m. when she heard knocking on her door.
- E Pike fight: A victim suffered a broken jaw in a December 21st melee on E Pike:
- Glasses burglary: A thief made off with more than $1,000 in eyeglasses in a December 14th burglary reported in the 800 block of Broadway. According to the report on the incident, the suspect was seen walking off from the closed business with an entire display rack of glasses in the Saturday afternoon heist.