A great American spectacle takes place this weekend and Seattle will be an epicenter. Yes, we’re talking about gorging on nachos and chicken wings during the Super Bowl. But there are more reasons to celebrate. Here’s a handful of tasty promotions going on as Capitol Hill food+drink providers mark anniversaries and gear up for the big game.
- Coastal Kitchen celebrates 1993: CHS shared the news as 15th Ave elder statesman Coastal Kitchen rallied for a 20-year makeover to keep up with the changing times in Capitol Hill food and drink. Thursday, the restaurant rolls the date back to January 30, 1993 — its first day of business. From 11 AM to midnight, they’ll be offering oysters for 93 cents each. Get slurping.
- Dick’s for a dime: As part of its year-long party to celebrate 60 years in Seattle — its Broadway location was the 2nd Dick’s and opened in 1955 — Dick’s is offering soda pop at 1954 prices on Friday. For a dime, you’ll get a Coke to go along with a burger and help you reminisce about the big Broadway street party Dick’s threw last summer.
- Oola Distillery sale: 14th at Union’s Oola is holding a sale to help you stock up for Sunday’s festivities.
- Li’l Woody’s 12th Man Burger looks basically like the Super Bowl of burgers.
- Cupcake Royale is already prepared for the next big event in Americana — Deathcake is back just in time for Valentine’s.