- E Pike assault: Police are searching for the suspect in a brutal beating early Sunday morning on E Pike:
A man was attacked and beaten while the suspect hurled racial slurs at him.
On 3/16/14, just shortly after 2:00 a.m., the victim and a group of friends were in the 700 block of E. Pike. The suspect, a complete stranger, approached the victim, who is mixed race. The suspect made racially degrading comments to the victim and then began to assault him.
The victim was knocked to the ground and while on the ground several other random suspects in the area came over and kicked him while he was down. It is unknown if these additional suspects were acquainted with the original suspect or not.
The victim managed to get away from the suspects and walk to the area of 1600 block of Broadway where officers located him and his friends.
The 22-year-old victim sustained facial/head injuries and bleeding. The victim also lost a tooth. He was transported by POV to an area hospital for treatment.
The suspect is described as a Hispanic male, 20’s, 5-07, medium build, purple/blue button up shirt, and dark pants. Officers conducted an area check for the suspect(s) with negative results.
No information was provided on other suspects.
This is an open and active investigation. Anyone with information about the suspect or incident is asked to call 9-1-1. Anonymous tips are welcome.
- Runaway bus: A Metro bus crashed into several vehicles Saturday night near Bellevue Ave E and Bellevue Place E after it reportedly began rolling out of control when the driver left the coach. “The operator left the bus and forgot to set the parking brake. The bus then drifted backward across the residential street, slamming into several cars, motorcycles, and scooters,” a witness to the 9:40 PM incident tells CHS. We have not yet confirmed details of the incident with Metro or SPD.
- Boylston/Olive mugging: The victim in a street robbery at Boylston and E Olive St early Saturday said his mugger made off with the keys to his vehicle and tools he was carrying. We’re still gathering details on the 3:40 AM street robbery. Police did not broadcast a suspect description on East Precinct radio.
- Shots fired: A report of gunshots and a man down near the Casablanca restaurant at 12th and Jackson fortunately turned out to be gunplay and not an assault with weapons. Police were called to the area just before 4 AM Saturday after gunfire was reported and a caller reported seeing a person on the ground. Police found shell casings from a 9mm pistol but no victim in the incident.
- 11th Ave OD death: A male in his 20s or 30s was the victim of a drug overdose Saturday on 11th Ave. Police were called to the 300 block apartment building just before 6 PM to investigate the overdose death. The apartment building south of the Seattle U campus is the same complex where this strange incident happened Friday.