- Blossoms: Don’t wait too long. The flowering trees on some of the Hill’s teen-numbered streets are in top form. Try the avenues north of E Aloha for a lovely, blossom-blanketed stroll.
- The Moisture Festival’s Capitol Hill presence is in full swing this weekend with burlesque and these hunky buckaroos. Buckaroos USA perform Thursday night at the Broadway Performance Hall. Full Moisture schedule is here.
- Pre-K plan: Also Thursday, meet with City of Seattle officials and Mayor Ed Murray to talk universal pre-school. Starts at 6 PM at Garfield Community Center.
- Neighborhood summit: Described as a “boat show” for city services, City Hall is gathering neighborhood activist types and those wanting to be more involved at the Seattle Center for a neighborhood-focused confab.
- Watch the start of the latest season of Game of Thrones with lots and lots of friends at Neumos:
Game of Thrones Viewing Party
Sunday April 6th, 2014
FREE // 6PM // 21+
We will be showing the final two episodes of Season 3 from 7pm to 9pm, followed by the premier of Season 4. We will also be offering drink and food specials, as well as games, with a chance to sit in our very own Iron Throne.
- The Edge of Our Bodies continues at WET’s soon-to-be former 19th Ave E home. CHS talked with the star of the one-woman show here. Show times and ticket information here.
- E Olive Way watering hole Tommy Gun celebrates its third year of business with a party Friday night.
- The Seattle Deaf Film Festival comes to Capitol Hill for its second year with screenings all weekend at the Northwest Film Forum. Check out seattledeaffilmfestival.com for details.
Something to add? Let us know on the CHS Calendar — more listings below:
Velocity presents Next Dance Cinema in partnership with Northwest Film Forum. Founded by Velocity in 2006, Next Dance Cinema offers dance lovers and film-lovers alike insight into how contemporary dance continues to expand the possibilities of the screen. Next Dance … Continue reading
HAWAII HAPPY HOUR 8a – 11p on the *entire* Hawai’i cocktail menu all day, all night! 🙌🏽🍍🌈🍹 FRIDAY NOV 17th Join is in saying, ‘Mahalo Hawaii’…Brittany France Menu starts Nov 22! $8 Hurricanes $8 Mai Tais $7 Hibiscus Punch Solo … Continue reading
Frequency is a new Seattle-based chamber ensemble, joining together distinguished artists Michael Jinsoo Lim (violinist and artistic director), Melia Watras (violist) and Sæunn Thorsteinsdóttir (cellist). Program: Frances White: The old rose reader for violin and electronic sound Daniel Bjarnason: Bow … Continue reading
This class is open to kids 6-12. Beginners may start at any time. Taught by our most experienced kid teacher, Mr. Schomberg, mini martial artists develop confidence, strength and leadership skills in our community based school. $80 per month includes … Continue reading
Join us to help design the future of Midtown Center! The Africatown Plaza Design Cipher will bring together community members of all ages, designers, planners and developers to generate implementable design options for the planned Africatown Plaza at 23rd & Union. The event … Continue reading
Coldwell Banker Bain of Capitol Hill and Ginger’s Pet Rescue invite the community to a free dog adoption event. Hot dogs and refreshments will be provided.Share:TwitterFacebookRedditEmail
Melrose-Thanksgiving-Poster-Final-for-Print]Melrose Market has everything you need to host a beautiful Thanksgiving Meal with locally grown and carefully selected ingredients. Kick-off the holiday season with us and pick up your turkey, all the fixins and sides, fresh produce, wine, bread, and … Continue reading
The Capitol Hill Broadway Farmers Market supports Washington’s small family farmers by creating a vibrant neighborhood farmers market. Located outside the Seattle Central Community College, the Market runs year-round every Sunday from 11am-3pm, and has been in operation since 2005. One can find fresh Washington grown produce, fruit and … Continue reading
Now you can drop into a class at The SweatBox every weekday at noon. Monday-Vinyasa; Tuesday-Hot Hybrid; Wednesday- Yin; Thursday- Hot Hybrid; Friday- Vinyasa! Share:TwitterFacebookRedditEmail
With one exception, we will be meeting there the 3rd Monday of the month from 6:00 – 7:30 for the rest of the year. Thank you to Capitol Hill Housing for making the space available.Share:TwitterFacebookRedditEmail
General class is open to all students and starts with 45 minutes of stretching and calisthenics, followed by 45 minutes of drill. In this class the students are drilled on techniques specific to their belt level. Exercises include combination, target, … Continue reading
This comprehensive program uses the Fascianator roller to break up muscle and fascial adhesions, relieve stiffness and tightness, and manage everyday and aches and pains. Clients have reported relief from a myriad of chronic issues and problems and many have … Continue reading
10 Thursdays | 9/28/17 – 12/7/17 | 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM | No class 11/23 Do you need to use statistics to actively and creatively solve real problems that you encounter in your personal or professional lives? Discover a … Continue reading
Join us for this very social 3.5 mile jaunt through the neighborhood followed by food and drinks at Linda’s. We keep the pace easy and the atmosphere fun. Sometimes we change location. Always check our website to confirm the run.Share:TwitterFacebookRedditEmail