- Blossoms: Don’t wait too long. The flowering trees on some of the Hill’s teen-numbered streets are in top form. Try the avenues north of E Aloha for a lovely, blossom-blanketed stroll.
- The Moisture Festival’s Capitol Hill presence is in full swing this weekend with burlesque and these hunky buckaroos. Buckaroos USA perform Thursday night at the Broadway Performance Hall. Full Moisture schedule is here.
- Pre-K plan: Also Thursday, meet with City of Seattle officials and Mayor Ed Murray to talk universal pre-school. Starts at 6 PM at Garfield Community Center.
- Neighborhood summit: Described as a “boat show” for city services, City Hall is gathering neighborhood activist types and those wanting to be more involved at the Seattle Center for a neighborhood-focused confab.
- Watch the start of the latest season of Game of Thrones with lots and lots of friends at Neumos:
Game of Thrones Viewing Party
Sunday April 6th, 2014
FREE // 6PM // 21+
We will be showing the final two episodes of Season 3 from 7pm to 9pm, followed by the premier of Season 4. We will also be offering drink and food specials, as well as games, with a chance to sit in our very own Iron Throne.
- The Edge of Our Bodies continues at WET’s soon-to-be former 19th Ave E home. CHS talked with the star of the one-woman show here. Show times and ticket information here.
- E Olive Way watering hole Tommy Gun celebrates its third year of business with a party Friday night.
- The Seattle Deaf Film Festival comes to Capitol Hill for its second year with screenings all weekend at the Northwest Film Forum. Check out seattledeaffilmfestival.com for details.
Something to add? Let us know on the CHS Calendar — more listings below:
Family Nature Class Get outside with your preschooler, foster curiosity and explore the natural world. Our Weekly two-hour classes engage the senses with hands on-activities, science-based exploration, learning stations, songs, stories, hikes and games based around a theme that changes … Continue reading
Every Tuesday is Taster Tuesday. Tasters are only $0.75, the perfect excuse to try great local beer. Bring your growler or get one here. Share:TwitterFacebookRedditEmail
Join us for this very social 3.5 mile jaunt through the neighborhood followed by food and drinks at Linda’s. We keep the pace easy and the atmosphere fun. Sometimes we change location. Always check our website to confirm the run.Share:TwitterFacebookRedditEmail
No TV – No WiFi – No Worries Join us at Coastal Kitchen on Friday, January 20th 8am – 11pm (Yes…you read that right…Open – Close) for Happy Hour! “Don’t Judge Me Happy Hour” 8am-3pm $6 Bloody Mary’s $6 St- … Continue reading
This event at McCaw Hall will offer an array of free services and community education intended to support and protect families. Community education will include a training for Seattle Public Schools staff on how to best support students as well … Continue reading
#ResistTrump !! #OccupyInauguration !! We are participating in the birth of a mass movement for social and economic justice. Join us in the streets- again!- to demonstrate mass opposition to Trump and his agenda! Build a movement to fight racism, … Continue reading
Associate Professor and Chair of Organ Studies at Rice University, Ken Cowan is one of America’s most sought-after organists. Particularly known for his performances of transcriptions, Mr. Cowan dazzles audiences through his immaculate technique and dramatic interpretations of orchestral music … Continue reading
Join us for a night to raise money for the ACLU in response to the recent election outcome! Rooftop Brewing will be pouring their Love Trumps Hate IPA, there will be games and proceeds will go to the ACLU!Share:TwitterFacebookRedditEmail
The Capitol Hill Broadway Farmers Market supports Washington’s small family farmers by creating a vibrant neighborhood farmers market. Located outside the Seattle Central Community College, the Market runs year-round every Sunday from 11am-3pm, and has been in operation since 2005. One can find fresh Washington grown produce, fruit and … Continue reading
Join us for a free showing of the classic film featuring Gene Wilder on January 22 at 6 PM. Enjoy truffle popcorn and specials on wine and cocktails.Share:TwitterFacebookRedditEmail
This 10 week class will focused on better balance and improved coordination. Instructor Viola Brumbaugh will guide you through fundamentals and a short form to bring better health and vitality, improve structure and strength, reduce blood pressure and reduce stress. Each … Continue reading
This is an event of the Queer Resurgence on Capitol Hill Poetry Slam Festival! This project is funded in part by a Neighborhood Matching Fund award from the City of Seattle, Seattle Department of Neighborhoods Full Pot ‘O’ T: This … Continue reading
Now you can drop into a class at The SweatBox every weekday at noon. Monday-Vinyasa; Tuesday-Hot Hybrid; Wednesday- Yin; Thursday- Hot Hybrid; Friday- Vinyasa! Share:TwitterFacebookRedditEmail
This is an event of the Queer Resurgence on Capitol Hill Poetry Slam Festival! This project is funded in part by a Neighborhood Matching Fund award from the City of Seattle, Seattle Department of Neighborhoods Have you ever sabotaged yourself … Continue reading