- Blossoms: Don’t wait too long. The flowering trees on some of the Hill’s teen-numbered streets are in top form. Try the avenues north of E Aloha for a lovely, blossom-blanketed stroll.
- The Moisture Festival’s Capitol Hill presence is in full swing this weekend with burlesque and these hunky buckaroos. Buckaroos USA perform Thursday night at the Broadway Performance Hall. Full Moisture schedule is here.
- Pre-K plan: Also Thursday, meet with City of Seattle officials and Mayor Ed Murray to talk universal pre-school. Starts at 6 PM at Garfield Community Center.
- Neighborhood summit: Described as a “boat show” for city services, City Hall is gathering neighborhood activist types and those wanting to be more involved at the Seattle Center for a neighborhood-focused confab.
- Watch the start of the latest season of Game of Thrones with lots and lots of friends at Neumos:
Game of Thrones Viewing Party
Sunday April 6th, 2014
FREE // 6PM // 21+
We will be showing the final two episodes of Season 3 from 7pm to 9pm, followed by the premier of Season 4. We will also be offering drink and food specials, as well as games, with a chance to sit in our very own Iron Throne.
- The Edge of Our Bodies continues at WET’s soon-to-be former 19th Ave E home. CHS talked with the star of the one-woman show here. Show times and ticket information here.
- E Olive Way watering hole Tommy Gun celebrates its third year of business with a party Friday night.
- The Seattle Deaf Film Festival comes to Capitol Hill for its second year with screenings all weekend at the Northwest Film Forum. Check out seattledeaffilmfestival.com for details.
Something to add? Let us know on the CHS Calendar — more listings below:
Kadima Community Shabbatot/Saturdays are open to everyone! Each Shabbat consists of intergenerational opportunities for community building through various Jewish (and other) tool boxes – learning, prayer, community building, Torah, mindfulness, play, and, of course, food. THIS WEEK: At 9am we … Continue reading
Have your cake and gossip too as we visit Seattle’s only residential Landmark District featuring a wealth of upscale, early 20th century architecture. Harvard/Belmont is a veritable portfolio of the finest designers of the day: Charles Platt of New York … Continue reading
Neighborhoods: Belltown,Capitol Hill,Citywide,North Capitol Hill,Queen Anne Event Types: Arts,Community,Sports/Recreation,Theater,Other Audience: Adults Sponsoring Organization: Evolv Fitness of Seattle Contact: Gracie Garnet Contact Phone: (206) 294-5884 Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Site Contact Details: email@example.com Pre-Register: No Cost: 15.00 Registration Details: Tickets: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/2524175 Price: … Continue reading
Follow Seattle Youth CAN on Social Media! Instagram- @seattleyouthcan Twitter- @SeattleYouthCANShare:TwitterFacebookRedditEmail
H / W: Away Home Team: New York Jets Visiting Team: Seattle Seahawks Stadium: MetLife Stadium Stadium Information: http://www.metlifestadium.com/ TV: FOX Link: http://Seahawks.com/Schedule Schedule subject to change. Please check Seahawks.com for the latest dates and times.Share:TwitterFacebookRedditEmail
The Capitol Hill Broadway Farmers Market supports Washington’s small family farmers by creating a vibrant neighborhood farmers market. Located outside the Seattle Central Community College, the Market runs year-round every Sunday from 11am-3pm, and has been in operation since 2005. One can find fresh Washington grown produce, fruit and … Continue reading
Broadcast: FS1 Buy Tickets http://ql.ecal.com/ln/568dcbb6e2fe5e8a50000000/8 The Pro Shop http://ql.ecal.com/ln/568dcbb6e2fe5e8a50000000/1 2016 Season Tickets http://ql.ecal.com/ln/568dcbb6e2fe5e8a50000000/2 MLS Live http://ql.ecal.com/ln/568dcbb6e2fe5e8a50000000/3 Facebook http://ql.ecal.com/ln/568dcbb6e2fe5e8a50000000/4 Twitter http://ql.ecal.com/ln/568dcbb6e2fe5e8a50000000/5 Youtube http://ql.ecal.com/ln/568dcbb6e2fe5e8a50000000/6 Instagram http://ql.ecal.com/ln/568dcbb6e2fe5e8a50000000/7 Powered By ECAL http://ecal.com Share:TwitterFacebookRedditEmail
rh-flyer-3 Join Chabad of Capitol Hill for a meaningful and uplifting High Holiday experience! Rosh Hashanah Community Dinner Sunday, October 2nd – 7:30 PM Adult $18 / Child $10 Services: Rosh Hashanah Services: Monday, October 3rd – 9:30 AM Yom … Continue reading
Join Chabad of Capitol Hill for a meaningful and uplifting High Holiday experience! We will be welcoming the new year with delicious traditional Rosh-Hashanah foods, great camaraderie and inspiration. Capture the spirit and tastes of Rosh Hashanah with family and … Continue reading
Community potluck lunch (vegetarian/vegan/dairy – no meat) to follow. Childcare provided during this service at no charge. About our Services: High Holidays 5777 with Kadima: Teshuvah and Demonization of the Other In this season of returning to our best selves, … Continue reading
Now you can drop into a class at The SweatBox every weekday at noon. Monday-Vinyasa; Tuesday-Hot Hybrid; Wednesday- Yin; Thursday- Hot Hybrid; Friday- Vinyasa! Share:TwitterFacebookRedditEmail
Since their near eradication in the early 20th century, beavers have made a surprising comeback. Today, beavers have returned to many streams and waterways of Seattle, including Yesler Swamp in the Center for Urban Horticulture’s backyard. Come join us as … Continue reading
4 Tuesday Mornings, 10am-12pm, September 13-October 4 This series will also be offered in August and November Capture the essence of flowers and foliage in this 4-part class with simple, quick techniques and portable materials! While using the beautiful perennial beds and … Continue reading
Every Tuesday is Taster Tuesday. Tasters are only $0.75, the perfect excuse to try great local beer. Bring your growler or get one here. Share:TwitterFacebookRedditEmail
Join us in the Arboretum for some fun and gentle exploration of yoga in outdoor environments. Class is great for beginners through advanced practitioners and will include both yoga poses and walking meditation. Bring your own mat. Class Dates (all … Continue reading
7-part course: Tuesdays, 7-9:30pm, starting September 20 and ending November 1 The pencil is an effective tool for producing beautiful botanical works, and skill in pencil rendering is also a good basis for ongoing study of botanical art in other … Continue reading