- Blossoms: Don’t wait too long. The flowering trees on some of the Hill’s teen-numbered streets are in top form. Try the avenues north of E Aloha for a lovely, blossom-blanketed stroll.
- The Moisture Festival’s Capitol Hill presence is in full swing this weekend with burlesque and these hunky buckaroos. Buckaroos USA perform Thursday night at the Broadway Performance Hall. Full Moisture schedule is here.
- Pre-K plan: Also Thursday, meet with City of Seattle officials and Mayor Ed Murray to talk universal pre-school. Starts at 6 PM at Garfield Community Center.
- Neighborhood summit: Described as a “boat show” for city services, City Hall is gathering neighborhood activist types and those wanting to be more involved at the Seattle Center for a neighborhood-focused confab.
- Watch the start of the latest season of Game of Thrones with lots and lots of friends at Neumos:
Game of Thrones Viewing Party
Sunday April 6th, 2014
FREE // 6PM // 21+
We will be showing the final two episodes of Season 3 from 7pm to 9pm, followed by the premier of Season 4. We will also be offering drink and food specials, as well as games, with a chance to sit in our very own Iron Throne.
- The Edge of Our Bodies continues at WET’s soon-to-be former 19th Ave E home. CHS talked with the star of the one-woman show here. Show times and ticket information here.
- E Olive Way watering hole Tommy Gun celebrates its third year of business with a party Friday night.
- The Seattle Deaf Film Festival comes to Capitol Hill for its second year with screenings all weekend at the Northwest Film Forum. Check out seattledeaffilmfestival.com for details.
Something to add? Let us know on the CHS Calendar — more listings below:
Building community is the Capitol Hill Community Council’s main objective. With the purpose of preserving and improving the neighborhood, and encouraging a sense of community. This is done by advocating for the community and keeping everyone informed while still being … Continue reading
– Monday, July 25th – Capitol Hill Focus Group – 6:00-7:00 pm @ Seattle University, Casey 500 – Tuesday, July 26th – Eastlake East Focus Group – 6:00-7:00 pm @ Seattle University, Casey 500 – Wednesday, July 27th – Miller … Continue reading
Join us in the Arboretum for some fun and gentle exploration of yoga in outdoor environments. Class is great for beginners through advanced practitioners and will include both yoga poses and walking meditation. Bring your own mat. Class Dates (all … Continue reading
Join us for this very social 3.5 mile jaunt through the neighborhood followed by food and drinks at Linda’s. We keep the pace easy and the atmosphere fun. Sometimes we change location. Always check our website to confirm the run.Share:TwitterFacebookRedditEmail
Event Types: Community Neighborhoods: Alki/Admiral,Arbor Heights,Ballard,Beacon Hill,Belltown,Broadview/Bitter Lake,Capitol Hill,Cascade/Eastlake/South Lake Union,Cedar Park/Meadowbrook,Central Area/Squire Park,Citywide,Columbia City,Delridge/North Delridge,Downtown Commercial Core,Duwamish/SODO,East of Seattle,Fauntleroy/Morgan Junction/Seaview,First Hill,Fremont,Georgetown,Green Lake,Greenwood/Phinney Ridge,Haller Lake,High Point,Highland Park,Interbay,Judkins Park,Lake City/Olympic Hills/Victory Heights,Laurelhurst/Sand Point,Licton Springs,Madison Park,Madrona/Leschi,Magnolia,Miller Park,Montlake/Portage Bay,Mt. Baker/North Rainier,North Beach/Blue Ridge,North … Continue reading
EastPAC evaluates and advocates for public safety priorities and quality of life issues for stakeholders in Seattle’s East Precinct. EastPAC Community Meetings are held from 6:30 to 8:00 PM each fourth Thursday, except for November and December, when we meet … Continue reading
8:15 pm Live music with The Jelly Rollers. 9 pm Film: True Grit (2010) in this version redefines girl power in the western film genre, with outstanding cinematography in a dusty and muted palette. Set in 1878 Arkansas, with a … Continue reading
Twilight Tram Tours present you with a new exclusive tour experience, learning about the history and night-life of the Washington Park Arboretum in summer. Twilight is that quiet time between afternoon and evening where people-activity in the Arboretum quiets down … Continue reading
Join Volunteer Park Trust to explore Volunteer Park’s history and its design by the famous Olmsted Brothers, with its many astounding architectural elements, including: The Art Deco Seattle Asian Art Museum Conservatory Water Tower Reservoir Historic Lakeview Cemetery and other … Continue reading
Starts 5-7-16, $20/5 or $50/15 weeks Renovate or begin your tango using the powerful underlying PRINCIPLES of connection to partner, connection to music and instant choreography – principles taught in these classes. You WILL progress from this proven, condensed 15-week … Continue reading
Please join us at Saint Mark’s Cathedral Gift Shop at 1245 10th Ave East, Seattle , Wa. for a book signing from 2:00PM-4:00PM. Pamela Bradburn will be autographing her book, The Visitation and Other Biblical Poetry. Light refreshments will be … Continue reading
The Capitol Hill Broadway Farmers Market supports Washington’s small family farmers by creating a vibrant neighborhood farmers market. Located outside the Seattle Central Community College, the Market runs year-round every Sunday from 11am-3pm, and has been in operation since 2005. One can find fresh Washington grown produce, fruit and … Continue reading
Practice yoga every Sunday at the Capitol Hill Farmer’s Market- For FREE. Courtesy of The SweatBox Yoga, now you can take a Vinyasa class with Reva on Sundays at 1pm. Look for her in the park by the sculpture. Now … Continue reading
Broadcast: ESPN1 Buy Tickets http://ql.ecal.com/ln/568dcbb6e2fe5e8a50000000/8 The Pro Shop http://ql.ecal.com/ln/568dcbb6e2fe5e8a50000000/1 2016 Season Tickets http://ql.ecal.com/ln/568dcbb6e2fe5e8a50000000/2 MLS Live http://ql.ecal.com/ln/568dcbb6e2fe5e8a50000000/3 Facebook http://ql.ecal.com/ln/568dcbb6e2fe5e8a50000000/4 Twitter http://ql.ecal.com/ln/568dcbb6e2fe5e8a50000000/5 Youtube http://ql.ecal.com/ln/568dcbb6e2fe5e8a50000000/6 Instagram http://ql.ecal.com/ln/568dcbb6e2fe5e8a50000000/7 Powered By ECAL http://ecal.com Share:TwitterFacebookRedditEmail
You’re invited to GINA PETRY’S BIRTHDAY BOWL-A-THON A benefit for the rowdy rollers of Radical Women Come toast a socialist feminist headpin who makes strikes for women’s leadership, reproductive rights, racial justice, and queer equality! * Be part of the … Continue reading
Free Fitness Classes in Freeway Park taught by the Washington Athletic Club: 5:30-6:30 in Main Plaza at 6th and SenecaShare:TwitterFacebookRedditEmail
The UW Farm is a campus center for the practice and study of urban agriculture and sustainability. It is an educational, community-oriented resource for people who want to learn about building productive and sustainable urban landscapes. Take this free … Continue reading