Like the World Cup itself, Capitol Hill venues showing international battles are advancing into a kind of “next round” with Thursday’s morning match pitting USA vs. Germany. Here is the CHS “where to watch the 2014 World Cup on Capitol Hill” roster.
Below, we’ve listed the venues that have stepped up to be open for Thursday’s 9 AM Cal Anderson Standard Time match. If we missed your favorite and you *know* the place will be open for the game Thursday morning, let us know in comments.
USA vs. Germany around Capitol Hill
- Von Trapp’s: “Doors open at 8am. Chef Pete is putting together a game day breakfast menu so come hungry for food- and victory!”
- Canterbury: “We are opening at 8:30am this Thursday, June 26th for the US VS Germany match. Special World Cup menu!”
- Chuck’s Central District: “Alright guys, you asked, and we delivered… We will be OPEN early at 9:00 AM on Thursday for the US World Cup Game!”
- 95 Slide: Open!
- Lost Lake: Open 24×7, 7 days a week…. so they’ll be open.
- Cafe Presse: Open!
But depressed about France!
- Coastal Kitchen: Open!
- Summit Pub, The Garage, Auto Battery: Stalwarts thus far… but no word on if they’ll make it through this critical point in the tournament. If you know, let us know! UPDATE: Summit is open.
- Witness: An update addition to the squad — the Broadway bar is open.