- Purse snatch victim says cops left her waiting: The female victim in a Pike/Pine mugging told police she was walking to her car after leaving an establishment in the 1500 block of 10th Ave Sunday morning when she was attacked from behind and shoved against the wall as her purse was stolen. The victim reported the crime around noon Sunday. She told police she was robbed at 2:30 AM and called 911 immediately but decided to go home after waiting nearly 30 minutes for an officer to respond. CHS reported on 911 response times in East Precinct earlier as part of our coverage on a shakeup in SPD’s leadership core.
- 24th Ave E package heist caught on camera: The victim of a theft on the northeast edge of Capitol Hill has sent his video the heist the victim says shows the thieving duo in action Tuesday afternoon:
SPD is investigating.
- School car prowl warning: 19th Ave E’s Stevens Elementary is warning of a car prowler targeting busy parents:
Last week, there were 2 car break-ins during pickup and drop off at Stevens. Both cars were parked on Highland, at 18th Ave East. One happened at drop off; the other at pickup. The break-ins both happened within 10 minutes or less, and the thief targeted vehicles where a bag or purse was left in left in the car while a child was being taken to or from school.
- Teen truck thief DUI: A March 2nd traffic stop netted SPD an intoxicated teenage driver and a stolen SUV:
When East Precinct patrol officers spotted a Chevy Suburban weaving its way down Madison Street on Capitol Hill early Monday, officers expected to find an intoxicated driver behind the wheel. Instead, when police pulled the car over near 15th Avenue and Madison Street, they found a 16-year-old in the drivers seat of the SUV, which had been reported stolen. The 16-year-old driver, who claimed some “random guy” had given her the vehicle, was arrested and booked into the Youth Services Center on a stolen property charge. A teenage passenger, who told police she’d never seen her friend driving the car before, was taken to the Spruce Street Secure Crisis Residential Center
- Boren laundry burglars: If you ever have lost a load of clothes in your apartment building’s laundry room, here’s a burglary report from Boren Ave that could explain your clothing’s fate:
Police are investigating the March 5th morning rip-off.
- E Union burglary attempt: E Police arrested a homeless man last Sunday morning after he was seen hitting the front door of a building in the 900 block of E Union with a stick for more than 30 minutes. Police were called just after 11 AM and observed the man beating on the door with a large piece of wood. He was taken into custody and booked for investigation of burglary.
- More info on IHOP bandit: Police have released more information about Sunday’s hold-up of J’s Quick Stop on Bellevue Ave:The suspect’s description matches the robber’s description victims gave police following a hold-up at IHOP earlier this month.