Some of the best Capitol Hill moments of SIFF 2015 are still to come. Thursday, CHS found the veterans of Seattle Semi-Pro Wrestling out to celebrate the one-night screening of Bodyslam: Revenge of the Banana:
For six years, the stars of Seattle Semi-Pro Wrestling thrilled crowds as they parodied professional wrestling with their boozy blend of burlesque and athleticism. But when a newcomer felt slighted by the tight-knit cabaret performers, he tried to take them down, forcing them into an all-too-real fight for their future.
The film isn’t slated to screen again during SIFF but you can learn more about the production at bodyslamfilm.com. Meanwhile, here are some of the upcoming on-Hill highlights slated for SIFF screenings at the Egyptian — and the Harvard Exit’s last run as a cinema:
- 54: The Director’s Cut at SIFF Cinema Egyptian – The Studio 54 Experience (after-party) at the Neptune
- Centerpiece Gala with End of the Tour at SIFF Cinema Egyptian. After-party at DAR Rainier Chapter House
- Gay-La with Tangerine at SIFF Cinema Egyptian. After-party at the Baltic Room
- The Glamour & The Squalor – world premiere of doc about DJ Marco Collins. Crazy after-party at Neumos
- Saturday Film & Party with Eisenstein in Guanajuato at SIFF Cinema Egyptian. After-party at W Hotel
- 31/2 Minutes, Ten Bullets at SIFF Cinema Egyptian – with Ron Davis, father of the doc’s subject, in attendance.
- An Evening with Jason Schwartzman at Harvard Exit
- An Evening with Kevin Bacon at SIFF Cinema Egyptian
- MIDNIGHTS at SIFF Cinema Egyptian
Faces of Yesler Terrace
Yesler Terrace is highly controversial in the changing landscape of the city of Seattle. These films capture the people and stories from the past and present of Yesler Hill’s public housing development.