911 | Police investigate ‘last call’ gunfire at Harvard and Pike

Thanks to a CHS reader for this image of Friday morning's police response

Thanks to a CHS reader for this image of Friday morning’s police response

See something others should know about? Email CHS or call/txt (206) 399-5959. You can view recent CHS Crime coverage here.

  • Pike/Harvard gunfire: Police found shell casings in the street but no victims following a “last call” gunfire incident early Friday morning. According to East Precinct radio dispatches and a security bulletin, police rushed to the area near the intersection of Pike and Harvard after multiple reports of gunshots around 1:45 AM as sidewalks in the area began to crowd with patrons exiting area bars and clubs. Witnesses outside 95 Slide reported seeing a male open fire in an incident possibly involving a vehicle just north of Pike on Harvard near the Harvard Market upper parking lot. The suspect, described only as a heavyset black male wearing a grey hoodie and dark jeans, was seen leaving the area walking east on E Pike but the man could not be located by police. A busy rush of police calls around the same time made for several active crime scenes and medical responses in the area including an assault suspect pinned down by security outside Q and a report of a fight involving an employee at the Unicorn but nobody was reported injured by the gunfire. In August, CHS reported on a string of “last call” shootings in the area including one in the Harvard Market parking lot in which a woman in her 20s survived being shot in the chest. The shopping center’s owners said they would work with the East Precinct to address safety concerns around the parking lot.


    (Image: Seattle Fire)

  • Montlake house fire: Seattle Fire battled a stubborn basement fire Thursday night in a two-story house on East Montlake Place E across from the Montlake Blvd Market near 520. Flames shot from the small house as firefighters struggled to control the blaze after arriving to the call just after 9:30 PM to find the house “fully involved.” Seattle Fire has not announced what caused the fire or the damage estimate but said that the home’s occupants had made it out safely. One firefighter was taken to the hospital for evaluation due to exertion.
Subscribe and support CHS Contributors -- $1/$5/$10 per month

Comments are closed.