- Domestic violence arrest yields multiple firearms: Seattle Police confiscated a ridiculous number of rifles and handguns in a domestic violence investigation following an incident in the Leschi neighborhood Sunday night. SPD posted photographs of the firearms seized as part of the investigation and said the cache would be “placed into safekeeping while the investigation continues.”
Officers responded to a home in the East precinct Sunday at 8:50 p.m. for a report of a domestic violence disturbance. When officers arrived they spoke with a woman who said that she had just broken off a seven-year relationship with her now ex-boyfriend. The suspect, a 45-year-old man, had reportedly been drinking all day before he threw a flask hitting the victim. The man then made threats to shoot himself and to blow up the neighborhood.
The suspect has not yet been charged.
- Bus knife threats: Police armed with non-lethal weaponry took a man into custody who had been threatening people with a knife aboard a Metro coach in a December 21st incident. According to the SPD report on the arrest at E Thomas and Broadway, police were called around 10 PM and found that the incident had poured out of the bus and into the street where the reported assailant had been removed from the bus:
Officers armed with a taser were able to take the suspect into custody without further incident. He was arrested and booked for investigation of assault.
- St. Joe’s stabbing: Police and Seattle Fire were called to the area near St. Joe’s at the corner of 19th and Aloha on the night of December 21st after a stabbing at homeless shelter facility hosted by the church. According to the SPD report on the incident, the victim suffered a 2-inch gash to his face in an altercation with another man staying at the facility. Police took the suspect into custody and recovered a switchblade knife. He was booked into King County Jail.
- 15th Ave E threats: Employees at a 15th Ave E store called police after being threatened with a knife on the morning of December 21st by a woman who has acted strangely with them in the past:
The victims told police the woman pulled a knife when they asked her to leave the store. Police searched the area but were unable to locate the suspect.
- E Pine body slam: A man reportedly harassing customers at an E Pine restaurant early on the morning of Christmas Eve got a rude gift. According to the SPD report on the 2 AM incident, police arrived to find the man down and bleeding from the head in the crosswalk at Boylston and Pine. According to a witness, a male was see “body slamming” the downed male before leaving the area. The injured man was taken to the hospital for treatment. There were no arrests reported.
- CD crash and search: Police spread across the area around 29th and Washington in the Central District on the afternoon of December 29th after a suspect crashed a stolen vehicle and fled from police on foot. SPD officers and a K9 unit searched the area for more than an hour but were unable to track down the suspect. Two handguns were recovered from the crashed car. Detectives were also called in to investigate a large quantity of marijuana packaged for retail found in the vehicle.