- Pike/Pine shots: Gunfire involving reports of at least two armed males shooting at each other rattled Pike/Pine early Monday morning. There were no reported injuries and no immediate reports of property damage. Seattle Police received multiple 911 calls around 12:10 AM after gunfire broke out on 10th Ave near Lost Lake Cafe. Police spread out across the area searching for suspects matching the descriptions provided by witnesses including two different males reported carrying handguns. According to East Precinct radio dispatches, another male was seen running to a white SUV parked west of Cal Anderson yelling, “They’re shooting at me.” Police searched for the reported shooters and the vehicle seen leaving the area but there were no immediate arrests.
- Pot dispute car stabbing: A man stabbed a Hyundai after its owner asked him to stop smoking marijuana outside her apartment in an August 7th noontime incident near 15th Ave’s pot shops:Police searched for the suspect but were unable to immediately locate the assailant. The next day, police were again called to the area for a report of a male making threats with a knife and displaying crisis behavior. Police arrived and found him sleeping nearby:
The man was taken into custody without incident, according to the SPD report on the incident.
- 10th Ave thief: Police were called to a report of two males fighting in a 10th Ave building hallway in an incident reported the night of August 7th. An arriving officer found a reported hook-up gone awry. According to the victim, he returned home with the suspect he had recently met expecting “to be involved in sexual acts” but the situation quickly changed when the suspect “got weird” and began grabbing the man’s cash and possessions before trying to run from the building:
Police searched for the suspect but were not immediately successful.
- 12th Ave restaurant break-in: A thief made off with cash and the computer containing any surveillance video evidence of the crime in an August 7th overnight burglary at a 12th Ave restaurant. According to the SPD report on the break-in, the thief netted around $2,600 in cash and computer gear:
Police were told the restaurant was undergoing contractor repairs at the time of the break-in. Police were planning to follow-up with the construction companies.
- Pepper spray assault: A man sleeping outside a business on Broadway Ct on the backside of Pike/Pine said he was awoken and hit in the face with pepper spray by an unknown assailant in a Monday, August 6th attack just after midnight: