Blotter | Thief makes off with phone in gunpoint robbery at 14th and Howell

See something others should know about? Email CHS or call/txt (206) 399-5959. You can view recent CHS Crime coverage here.

  • 14/Howell hold-up: The suspect in a armed hold-up at 14th and Howell made off with the victim’s phone and managed to elude a police dog search as the thief ditched a white hoodie and fled the area in a robbery reported to SPD around 9:15 Tuesday night. According to East Precinct radio dispatches, officers were called to 14th and Howell after an area resident reported being robbed at gunpoint by a male who appeared to be his teens carrying a black pistol. The victim was forced to hand over an iPhone to the suspect who fled the area and was last seen near 17th and Howell where a witness reported seeing the person shed their white hoodie before leaving the area on foot. A long K9 search of the area did not produce any immediate arrests. There were no reported injuries.
  • Gun and crisis incident: Police rushed to the area around Lowell Elementary School and took a man in crisis into custody after he was reported waving around a gun in an incident around 5:30 PM Monday. According to police radio dispatches, police used a Taser to subdue the suspect. Seattle Fire was called to the scene to treat the suspect following the incident before he could be taken into custody near Federal and Mercer. Police were searching the area with a K9 unit to recover the firearm but did not find a weapon, according to radio reports.
  • Interlaken robbery: A man who told police he was sleeping in Interlaken Park said he was robbed at gunpoint in an incident reported Sunday night just before 6:30 PM. The victim told police he was camped out in the park when another male who appeared to be a transient jumped him and wrestled the victim’s backpack away from him. The suspect described as a black male, aged 20 to 25, with a thin build and around 6′ feet tall, and wearing a grey hoodie, took the man’s backpack and hat and was last seen heading deeper into the Interlaken green belt. There were no arrests.
  • 10th/Union assault: The victim in an early Saturday morning beating at 10th and Union suffered a major gash to the back of his head in an assault he said stemmed from inappropriate comments to a friend:
    The victim had to be transported to the hospital for stitches to stop the bleeding from the assault. There were no arrests.
  • Police waved down in an early Sunday morning robbery incident by a seemingly heavily intoxicated victim in an Uber ended up with a mess of a story to dig through. According to the SPD report on the incident, the victim pulled up and reported the crime to an officer working on a parking enforcement issue around 4:30 AM Sunday:
    According to a witness with the victim, the robbery came during an altercation with a group of males in front of a Pike/Pine venue:
    Police were suspicious of some details of the victim and witness story:
    The victim reported his phone and wallet were taken in the incident. There were no arrests.
  • E Pike robbery: Police investigated a Monday, August 13th street robbery on E Pike that the victim said began when he struck up a conversation with a man sitting on a rail along the street:
  • $20K ATM bag heist update: Police say that as of earlier this week, there were still no arrests and the bag of $20 bills had not been located in last week’s brazen robbery from a security guard working on the ATM at Seattle Central.

SUBSCRIBE TO CHS If you appreciate and value CHS coverage, please tell your friends and neighbors TODAY to become a subscriber at $1/$5/$10 a month to help CHS provide community news with NO PAYWALL. You can also sign up for a one-time annual payment. Why support CHS? More here.

Subscribe and support CHS Contributors -- $1/$5/$10 per month

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.