Results are in for the final vote on Seattle’s 2018 round of citizen budgeting process for street and park improvements.
Thanks to excellent marketing — proponents printed flyers and hung them from street signs at the crossing — the 14th and Aloha project had the highest level of support in the District 3 group, tallying nearly 300 votes.
The seven District 3 projects that garnered the most “Your Voice, Your Choice” votes are below:
- [3A – Project #18-313] First Hill: Sidewalk Repair on Summit Ave between Madison St & Spring St (Cost: $90,000, Total Votes: 136)
- [3B – Project #18-805] Capitol Hill: Crossing Improvements on E Aloha St and 14th Ave E (Cost: $83,298, Total Votes: 297
- [3E – Project #17-358] Squire Park: Crossing Improvements on 19th & Cherry (Cost: $10,000, Total Votes: 236)
- [3F – Project #18-360] Squire Park: Crossing Improvements on E Jefferson & 16th/17th/18th Avenues (Cost: $5,000, Total Votes: 176)
- [3G – Project #18-357] Leschi: Traffic Calming on 29th Avenue between E Yesler Way and E Alder St (Cost: $16,100, Total Votes: 148)
- [3H- Project #18-346] Atlantic: Pathway Improvements on Rainier & I-90 (Cost: $56,800, Total Votes: 182)*
- [3J – Project #18-3006] Judkins Park: Improvements at Judkins Park (Cost: $24,700, Total Votes: 291)*
Construction of the projects will take some time — the upgrades and repairs need to be budgeted and planned by City Hall. These are the improvements from past cycles slated to be carried out around District 3 in 2018.
Meanwhile, District 3 area road work beyond the citizen budgeting is peaking just as August comes to a close. The project to make the John/Thomas corridor safer from Capitol Hill Station to Miller Park is well underway. Meanwhile, work is taking place on a short project over the next weeks to complete the northern end of the 23rd Ave corridor street diet in Montlake.
SUBSCRIBE TO CHS: APPRECIATE OUR BREAKING NEWS? SUBSCRIBE HERE TODAY. Subscribers like you help pay for the writers and photographers who provide CHS's daily coverage and help us to swing into action on BREAKING NEWS. Join TODAY to become a subscriber at $1/$5/$10 a month to help CHS provide community news with NO PAYWALL. You can also sign up for a one-time annual payment. Why support CHS? More here.